• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - Op scheduled 12 Feb 15

Thanks Debs .. I am not in the hospital. Will check in on the 10th. Had visited last week on a daily basis for the numerous tests and Pre Anesthetic check
I am relieved to here it - I thought you might be climbing the walls by now otherwise! Not long now. It must be good to know it's almost here and you can get on with it! :)

Hey Lynn... Howz it going with you. I will be checking in to the hospital by evening today. What about you?

Thanks Debs... Looking forward to it.. Can't believe only two more days to go.
you mentioned home is 5 hours from hospital. Will you be staying local to hospital post op - a 5 hour road trip sounds painful otherwise!?

Yes Debs.. I will be staying put in the hospital for a few days before they consider me fit for discharge..

Hey Lynn... Howz it going with you. I will be checking in to the hospital by evening today. What about you?

Yes good thank I am not going in until the morning if the operation! So close now can almost reach it! Good luck!

You just need to take your time to recover and don't push your self, relax and don't get in a panic. It takes time to all the parts you need to do. Go for a wee have a small drink to replace but don't push your self just chill. Listen to your body and go with you feelings. You will feel weepy its normal let it out and don't try to hind your feelings. Be kind to yourself. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Just a quick spelling check there I'm not talking about your tits lol, you do need to move around but you do need to remember you've had major surgery so it's not just the out side it's the inside as well. Just get plenty of rest and don't rush this is the beginning of the rest of your life.

Hi all. Sorry for the late input. Was sleeved on 12 Feb. Kept overnight in ICU....Ward the next day. All is well. Maintained clear liquids only through the first week... Water on day two. Added coconut water from day three... Day 5-7 added chicken clear soup. Weighed myself on 18th... Six days post op... Was down 6 kgs (13.2 lbs...from 233.4 lbs on the day of surgery to 220.2 lbs six days later... ) Yippee.

Hi all. Sorry for the late input. Was sleeved on 12 Feb. Kept overnight in ICU....Ward the next day. All is well. Maintained clear liquids only through the first week... Water on day two. Added coconut water from day three... Day 5-7 added chicken clear soup. Weighed myself on 18th... Six days post op... Was down 6 kgs (13.2 lbs...from 233.4 lbs on the day of surgery to 220.2 lbs six days later... ) Yippee.
Kaps

Glad you are okay. We were getting worried x

That amazing last loss! I have only lost 3lbs!

Hey all. How's everyone doing. I seem to be doing ok. Started with brisk walk today. Managed 3.6 km in about 43 minutes. Intend doing the same distance in the evening..... Maybe at a slower pace. My Doc recommends to aim for 5km each in the morning as well as in the evening by end of week 4. I guess I should be able to manage it.

Back