• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New life day 1

I can merge the two threads if you want loveday ... Just let me know if that's what you want. Michelle

Merged :)

Sorry things have been a bit grim today - it will pass, honestly!

Taking tablets in pill form will be difficult, I came home with paracetamol suspension for that reason. If you can't get a suspension Calpol do a fastmelt paracetamol that is also easy to take until things settle down.

I hope as you move around and the wind eases you start to feel much better x

Hope you feel better soon, from what most people say, the 5th day seems to be the turning point. Hang in there, it will be worth it x

loveday - touching base - how are you feeling ? :)

I am feeling quite a bit better today . The gas pains have really subsided and now the main pain is around the port site.

I had a conversation with my mum on FaceTime where I had pretend I had had a tummy bug ( I'm not ready to tell her and face all the questions so will be explaining it when I see her at the end of next month). She totally knew I wasn't right though, mothers intuition I guess, even though I'm in my thirties !

My kids have been super sweet, coming in and stroking my tummy and telling me they love me. As two boys of 3 and 6 it takes all their willpower not to jump and climb on me!

I made lentil, veg and bacon soup and puréed it up and having some of that has Definately given me a bit of a boost.

X

glad you're feeling better :) take it easy and don't rush to doing thngs - not easy when you have kids I know!

Day 3 post op: Feeling much better today. Managed soup and plenty of fluid . I'm on the Lactolose though and it hasn't started working yet !

I am a stone lighter on the scales than 10 days ago but my tummy looks 8 months preg it's so distended!

Oh dear... I stayed in bed for 7 days, feeling very sorry for myself.. I was surprised at the pain..
Then suddenly I felt better, and have been great since. X

Day 4!

Things are improving greatly. ( apart from the constipation but I'm hoping Movicol will have worked some magic by tomorrow ).

My only sore point is the port site.

The big issue the last two days has been dizziness because I am not getting enough food in. I spoke to the Spire nurse and she has encouraged me to do 5 doses of high protein soup for now and this has helped and I don't feel as dizzy.

I have also just made some red pepper, ham and Stilton soup and it is delicious.

My tummy is soooo bloated. If I knew how to post pictures I would upload one for you guys!

All of what you are experiencing reminds me of my first couple of weeks, it really is miserable at first, but the weight falling off makes it all worth it.

Keeping getting the soup in and you will feel better. The bloating will improve as your diet gets more normal.

Oh I remember it well! Movicol was very much my friend in the first few weeks lol! The soup sounds scrummy, enjoy it and hopefully it will stop you feeling dizzy x

My bloating has just gone in the last few days, stick with it and you'll get there. Movicol is also my friend!

Movicol is an osmotic laxative. I don't think everyone needs or has used it, but blimey, I REALLY needed it lol!

Yay movecol !! It worked, sort of. Shall we say I think there is probably more to come!

The dizziness has subsided through eating more regularly and going to 5 small doses of food for now has Definately aided energy levels / recovery.

My only real tender area is my port.

I started the pre op diet at 18 stone and I was 16.8 this morning. I am actually hoping the loss will slow as I adjust to the food intake and learn the right volumes as I think the last few days (2-3 lbs per day) is not a healthy or sustainable pace.

But dare I say it....starting to love my band....

Hi

Glad to hear the movecol is working!! I found protein shakes were really good for the dizzy spells during my first couple of weeks - and my port site was tender for about 2 weeks after op.

Justine x

Last edited:
Back