• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New life day 1

Glad to hear things are moving (literally lol) it can be a problem for some, but when you find something that works keep it at hand as it can, for some, be an ongoing issue :)

Day 6 post op!

Well the bowels have normalised thank The Lord , actually thank Movicol!!!

The dizziness was quite bad this morning until I could eat some blended cereal and banana , then I perked up. I'm still going for 5 small meals a day and this evening I tried to make the final mini meal a but more substantial and high protein so see me through until morning and keep my blood sugars up to normal.

I'm now down by a good 18 lbs and I am the lightest I've been for a few years , which makes me feel wonderful .

My big issue the last few days is BRRRRR I am cold all the time!!! Is this normal?

My only 'pain' in the loosest sense is the Port. But it's more a tightening sensation than pain.

All in all feeling quietly ecstatic with the world...

Yay! Sounds like it's going really well:)
It has been much chillier over the last few days, but you also aren't taking im as many calories to burn for warmth, and you have 18lbs less insulation. Once I ate mushies I was much warmer, fingers crossed it is the same for you x

Pleased you are feeling better now. I definitely always feel colder nowadays without my extra padding. Plus side of that .... Don't sweat! :rolleyes:

I woke today - day 7 and I felt like a new person.

My energy levels are higher and the pressure on my knees has already disappeared. I walked down the street feeling great with a smile on my face , and I didn't feel invisible . 20lbs down.

I changed my dressings last night and all the wounds are sealed and healing well.

My doctor called me for a catch up last night and I told him "thank you , I feel so liberated from food" plus the last few days feeding the kids has shown me how much I would just stick in my mouth from toddler leftovers etc.

The psychological effect of this has been the most profound difference . At work today I am more alert and energised and less sluggish and generally feel more 'upbeat' . I didn't expect such a psychological change .

8 days post op

I'm now fully back at work and I feel really well. For tea today I had mashed beans and very soft scrambled egg and it was delicious and went down smoothly.

I really am finding that if I make my food really tasty AND eat slowly and chew I really don't feel like I am eating less than anyone else at the table.

I work on the basis of:

Drink
Break
Brekkie
Break
Drink
Another drink
Break
Lunch
Break
Drink
Drink
Dinner
Break
Drink
Sleep!!!

Tomorrow I am going to get my hair done - all part of the new improved me!

So I'm ten days post op and feel normal apart from I am freezing all the time !!! Oh and my 3 year old having been told off for some thing trivial pushed me in the stomach with full force and really hurt my port scar. I was so shocked at him as he knew to be gentle to my tummy it made me cry. So we both had a 5 minutes of feeling sorry for ourselves. I checked and changed my dressing ( its the only one still with a dressing) and we moved on!

The other slightly disappointing thing is that I have seen the scales go down everyday but this morning I was up by a pound. but i am definitely eating small and only three times a day so was a bit disheartening when I've been losing each day until now. Can wait loss vary a lot each month and from day to day? I guess I have to see the long game ....marathon and not a sprint !

Hi loveday. To stop yourself feeling disappointed if you don't lose every day pick one day a week and stick to it. Then if you gain one day you won't know because on the once a week you do weigh in the scales are still going down. X

Dizziness - day 12!

Thanks Louie Lou!

I'm also feeling dizzy until about 11am. I am assuming that means I need to eat a bit more at breakfast?

Has anyone else experienced dizziness even on mushy food?

I have been having 1 weetabix mushed in milk for breakfast, 4 oz of beef mince veg mush for lunch and similar for tea. Is this enough ? I'm just very conscious of overeating at this stage but it can't be enough if I'm woozy?!

Otherwise loving the changes!

The most noticeable change is that I feel more alert . I really didn't expect that effect and its scary what a mental fog I've been in!!!

Are you banded or bypass.

Sorry just seen banded.

Not 100% sure with bands cus not had it myself but if you're dizzy maybe add a little but more food or spread out into 6 small meals to make sure you don't have drop offs in energy.
I did have dizzy spells myself and am still having them every now and then.
Just got back from the gym and I had one there.
Maybe ring your dietitian to be sure.
Keep up the good work.

Dizziness is usually a sign that your blood pressure is low, and dropping a little more when u Stand or move to fast..(postural drop)
It always happens to me when I am healthy (dieting!) I think because of the reduction of sodium in my diet, so there r a few thing that may help.
Add a little more salt to your meals,
Defo increase your fluid intake, (low Bp can indicate low blood volume) if it isn't at the max already, and take Into account that increasing fluid with reduced sodium levels further, (Our bodies may be used to high salt snacking, processed food and occassional takeaways)
Also just practice solutions, stand slowly and don't run.. Hope some of that helps.x

Louise.

So I am now 3 weeks post op and feel great!

The loss has slowed down but I started the pre op diet at 18 stone and weighed in this morning at 16.3lbs.

I have my first fill on the 9th of October and I feel like I need a bit more restriction but I feel so much more confident and am getting some swagger back!

For some reason it won't let me post any photos or have a photo avatar does anyone know why this is?

Sooo I started at 18 stone and I now weigh 15.12lbs. I had my first fill with Chris Pring on Tuesday and he put 1.5 ml in and said there was already 1.5 ml there so I have 3 ml in total now.

He said in surgery they fill the band right up and let it deflate naturally to balance with your body some people end up with an empty band and others like me equalise at 1.5 ml.

I can feel restriction if I eat too fast without chewing , especially if its meat. But if I chew everything until its smooth its fine.

I am incorporating the band into my life now . i am not a big drinker as i am allergic to booze ( it makes me red and hot) but if there is a party and I want to have a drink I skip a meal to enable myself to graze on party food at the same time . Mainly so the alcohol can be better absorbed.

If there is something really delicious but fattening I have a small portion as a taster. But since most days it's just healthy choices in smaller portions the weight is going down.

Happy happy!

Back