• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new member due band oct 26th

vivien

hi everyone...hope im doin this ok, booked for gastric band at dolen park oct 26th...am dreading the post op diet...cant believe the support and messages here..well done to everyone here, hope im successfulx

Great news Vivien, won't be long now then! No need to dread the post or pre op diets, the pre-op is just a means to an end and only short term, and the post-op one isn't bad at all, it's just the start of a new way of eating :)

thanks Shell, does everyone cope with the pre-op ok...is that the hardest?..im not doin the milk diet as i dont have any milk at all, so have been given a low cal diet...very very low haha

Hi vivien I have welcomed you on another post but once again welcome lol....I am not approved for surgery yet but my surgeon has given me a low cal diet, I think I would of preferred the milk one typical lol....xx

With the pre-op, most people seem to find the first couple of days the hardest. I can only speak for myself, I found I had niggly headaches and felt quite tired for the first few days. If you've ever done anything like cambridge or lighterlife you'll know what it's like!

Personally, I found that after day 3 I was fine with it, and as it got closer and closer I found I calmed down and started looking forward to it.

thanks everyone, i have to be honest im dreading pre-op after all ive failed so many times, im so scared to fail this time...especially when its cost me ..i have to say im ready for a detox, ive been having the last supper now all month oh dear!!!

Sorry to hear your wating for funding ...i was turned down for surgery for breast deduction twice bmi to high , then turned down for banding, ? not high enough, i gave up and paid

You just need to focus on it only being a short time, mine was 2 weeks, and anyone can endure any diet for just 2 weeks.

Focus on the end goal, remember that if you're liver is too large they won't be able to do the surgery so you'll have been opened up for nothing!

yip your right...it will do me good for 2 weeks, my poor liver has had a hammering this month, plus gets you used to new way of living im sure..

hi im booked into dolan prk on tues 21, am soo excited. i wish you all the luck for yours,,:)

yes good luck to..i hope ive chosen the right one for me...ive read a few negatives on weight loss with the band

hi everyone...hope im doin this ok, booked for gastric band at dolen park oct 26th...am dreading the post op diet...cant believe the support and messages here..well done to everyone here, hope im successfulx

Hi Ive just come back from Dolan Park went to meet Mr Sigurdsson he was lovely I have my op Mon 27th, you will be coming out as Im going in.. Will give you a wave. I started a 1000 cal diet monday just gone going to do for 2 weeks then milk diet for a week. That what I keep worrying about 'will it work for me?' Im sure we will be fine x

welcome all new banders!! all will be fine - am nearly 3 months post op now and have absolutely no regrets at all about having had the op, good luck to you all. Drink lots on the pre-op diet - it will help with the hunger, you will all join us on the losing side before you know it :)

Hello Banders !! Good luck with everything. I can assure u all your worries are not as bad as you may think. I crapped myself before the op, worried about the pre-op diet and it wasn't as hard as u think ! After 3 days i was so into it , the motivation was to get my liver in good form and not be opened up and then told er ya liver is the size of India !! It kept me going and the bonus was i lost weight too which is so motivating. You'll all be fine . I've done it, i know and i live with it daily and yes takes getting used to but boy is it worth it ! Speak soon xxx

Back