• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Margaret5

Hi my name is margaret and I come from oldham. Had first appointment at Salford 2 weeks ago. I meet all criteria for banding although they did ask me to look at bypass (not sure about that one). I have to be with Salford for 6 months before oldham will pay. Is this quite usual for people to have to do. Because I am diabetic they now want me to try a new injection that will hopefully allow me to lose a few stone before surgery. Start that next week. I suppose i can now say that the ball is rolling so to speak. :)

Hi Margaret, Welcome to the forum, im also quite new and awaiting funding etc. You are def on the road to WLS and looking forward to following you on your journey. You will find lots of lovely people on here and you can ask anything at all.

jayne

Thanks Jayne I have so much to lose thats it quite worrying and exciting at the same time. I wish you well and good luck to both of us re the funding issue

i also have loads to loose but we have made a step in the right direction haven't we! it is worrying but exciting and you will find yourself reading everything on here i do lol.
Lots of luck hun x

hi margaret i am also from oldham and had my surgery done at salford i also went for a band and have had a bypass with no regrets welcome to the group it has helped me a awful lot x

Hi Mags and welcome to the forum. If you are diabetic then you should seriously research the bypass. Although the band can help with your diabetes the bypass is more likely to give you more benefit. Are you on insulin now? I was on over 200 units a day pre-op and now don't need any post bypass. Good luck with your journey whatever route you decide on.

Hi Margaret and welcome to WLS :D Im at Salford too. Im having a bypass in Sept, Im diabetic too and Im hoping the bypass will "cure" it ;) x

Group meeting

I am going to attend the group meeting on the first wed of Sept. Can someone please tell me where it is held and what time its starts. thanks in advances
mags:)

Hi and thanks, did you go private or did olham PTC pay. Did you have to wait long LOL so many questions sorry

Thank you Sue that is so very kind of you. Hubby coming this time to see how things go and I am trying to get him to have a band to. I think he feels that it is just for women so hope to prove him wrong. lol

ooo no lots of men there and i got pct funding from my first visit to salford it took just under 6 months for my surgery but i had a lot of messing around 1st x

Welcome on board Margaret - everyone is so friendly and supportive on here. Good Luck with your weight loss journey. I had a band fitted on 29th July and doing very well. x

Hi Margaret, good to hear from you.
You are in a similar situation to me with the diabetes... is the injection called 'Byetta?'.

Good luck and keep on trucking... you are in the right lane now... we keep guiding each other along so we don't run too far off track!

Always here for you xxx

I forgot to add, the meeting on 1st September, next Wednesday, starts at 7pm...

It's in the Mayo Building right next door to the multi storey car park at the back of the Salford Royal hospital... see you there... there will be a hug waiting! xxx

Hello Margaret and welcome to the forum. I had my bypass a couple of months ago and this week am going to see if my bloods are normal as i'm diabetic. 9 days post op my bloods had gone from 13 to 9 so i'm hoping the extra time will have put my type 2 diabetes into remission.

As for your hubby, there are a few of us on here who's partners are going for surgery. Mine, Mells, Justliz to name the ones i can from the top of my head...

Get him to join and see how well some of our guys are doing? Mixxy and Glenville are two that immediately spring to mind xxx

Hi and welcome good luck with your wls journey.
Marie:)

Thank you Katrine its nice when people understand. People at work are of the opinion that If i stopped eating i would lose the weight myself. That i should have more will power, makes me feel as though i am taking the easier route even though i know i'm not. :)

Back