• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bit confused on how things work

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

I was suggested a gastric band by my diabetic consultant so my doctor put me forward for it, we had a form from Welsh Assembly Government obesity panel board and had to fill in a questionnaire about all the medication i was on, and last week my doctor received a letter from them saying that they have accepted me for a gastric band and will be going to Salford Royal, Manchester - i was in such sock at the time i wish i had asked more questions, do i have to died before i go to see if they will give it to me or see someone else, can anyone help me with how the procedure works.

Thanks xx

Hi Bex - there is no end of information on this site to help you.

A very simplified version : With the gastric band they put in a silicone band with a port in - this is to add a tiny amount of fluid every so often which helps restrict the amount of food you need to eat.

If you go into any of the adverts for the private hospitals on the pages on here, they have all the information in them regarding the different surgeries, also with pictures to give you a better understanding. Have a look (The hospital are advertised on this page at mo). It does`nt cost anything to have a look and be better informed.

Sorry I`m not too good at explaining myself, I don`t have the medical knowledge.

Hope this helps hun x

Love Kat x

Phone them and ask,or if you have a huge amount to lose just cut back on the carbs and fat.If you are near the bmi for surgery dont do anything they may refuse funding if your too light!Crazy...

Thanks my bmi was over 50 and am type 1 diabetic, high blood pressure and sleep apnea, also got an auto immune diesiese so my local hosp kept me on steriods for 5 years and gained lots of weight, still on them but low dose. Just want it done now after reading on here how its changed lives, my dream to go into next and be able to fit in the clothes xx. Well done all of you xxx

Welcome, Bexs x

Back