• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi and welcome.

Don't let anyone make you think WLS is an esy way out. Its a lot of hard work - and as others will say is just a tool to make diet different and the weight to hopefully stay off. (Thats not quite written how it was in my head lol)

I would seriously think about other surgeries if you are diabetic - the RNY very often gives resolution and the DS is supposed to be the one for diabetes resolution, but I realise its not available everywhere.

Do go to your local support group - that and the online forums are invaluable

Good luck xxx

Hi Margaret
welcome, pull up a chair, i will stick kettle on!
i am sure you will find lots of support and any questions answered on here, people are loverrrrleeeeee

Hi, Welcome to the site, everyone here is really lovely and helpful. All the best for your weight loss journey. xx :)

Hi Margaret and welcome to the site.
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Feel free to ask, ask, ask! I did and really educated myself pre-op. I originally wanted a band, but after doing my reseach I decided a bypass would be best for me, and my surgeon agreed. I had my op 2 weeks ago and I'm already feeling the benefits! :D:D:D:D

So ask away; that's what we're all here for honey, to support each other.
Best wishes with your journey.
Charis xxx

Thank you that is so kind, cant explain how it feels to have other people understanding what you are going though mags:)

:welcome2::welcome2:Hi Margaret,welcome to this fantastic forum i really hope you will get all the help and support you need with your wls journey. I am a diabetic to, i was all for the band but since i have talk to some of the people on this site and my gp again , i have now had a change of mind and i am going for the bypass!!!
Good luck with your wls journey Marie..

Welcome to the site. I'll hopefully be at the meeting on wednesday. I look forward to seeing you and Beverlie there. My husband quite often comes with me if we can get a baby sitter. I will be having my bypass on Saturday 4th, God willing.

Rebirth

Hi sue did you have problems getting funding and did you have to be with Salford for 6 months like me? Sorry for all the questions :)

Good luck Jilly, do hope you soon start to feel better and feel some inspiration....

Please keep us posted of your progress and we are here if we can help...

Much love and best wishes xxx

Back