• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Diary August 2014

Kar8858

Hello all, well some of you will have seen my posts around and know a bit about me but today I am posting my own diary of the journey i am about to start.
As with most people here i have had a weight problem since nine years old, my weight went up to 14st by 16 years of age. Despite being active and involved in sports clubs and teams and horse riding I ate more than i burnt.
At 18 I decided to take control and lost 2.5 stone to get down to 11.5 stone. I maintained that weight for years, starting my career which had a fitness test. At 23 I decided i had spent too long as the funny fat person so went on a drastic diet. I went down to 8st 12lbs and a size 10. I had a fantastic body and i loved it. Despite this though every day I battled the food demon..it went like this..Eat the food you know you want to...NO dont eat it you will be fat again...so what you know how nice it will taste...no dont do it you will feel disgusting again...
Im sure a few here will have heard those voices before!!
So, my weight slowly started to go up, my partner at the time died from cancer, i was 27, and if im honest i had stayed skinny for him as he didnt like overweight women. So up my weight went, i then met my now husband, who i must say is gorgeous but at 19st also likes his food. He is a big solid man of 19st i must say, very muscular. So together we have enjoyed our food and my weight went up to 13st again this year. Now my husband loves me curvy but i hate it, i feel awful, unfit, my clothes are tight, i dont feel sexy anymore and all i think about is food.
Due to this i have taken the decision to have WLS. I went to see a consultant privately in February and although my bmi is only 31 he agreed a sleeve. I really saw this as a turning point. I was booked in for the start of June but decided not to go ahead in May, thinking NO I can do this myself...well i tried for 2 months and what happened...more weight gain.
So i have booked again, completely committed and positive about the sleeve, this drastic choice, as a new me. Part of my choice was also my Dad, he had a quadruple heart bypass at 55 and in May he had both his legs bypassed at the Aorta due to blocked arteries. This was a wake up call of what i have coming if I carry on consuming fatty food.
So last Saturday i weighed in at 12st 12lbs, a slight drop from 13st after dieting for a wedding two weeks ago. I decided to spend last week on a mini pre op diet and today have weighed in at 12st 7lbs. Today I am starting my pre op diet, I have my pre op assessment tomorrow and the op on the 26th August.
I know many ladies he are aiming to weigh what I am starting at but its all equivical...if you weigh 30st you want to be 25st, 25st you want to be 20st, 20st to 15st and so on. I am paying for this myself, Im not asking any one else to take responsibility for this, I cant do it by myself and I am miserable at being overweight and constantly battling with food.
What i love about this site is that no-one judges, and I know some might not understand my choice when to them I only have 3-4 stone to lose, but if it was that easy I would have done it and if it was that easy there would not be an obesity problem full stop.
So thank you ladies and gent for listening. I will keep you all updated!!

Last edited:
Well sounds like we are all getting there, the nurse said they do a blood test just before the op to check there is no change, since its two weeks between now and then i guess you could contract and infection etc.
I also saw the physion who said it would be 4 weeks until i could go to the gym.

Kar. I have just found this thread

I think regardless of what weight we are, we all fight the same food issues, the same demons xx

I am up for my pre op tomorrow...glad yours went ok today

Thanks for sharing your story x

Well i had a weigh in today and have lost a further 2lbs. So i am now 12st 5lbs and i am just into my pre op diet! Two weeks today i will be sleeved and recovering, all being well!!

Updating the ticker is harder than creating the flipping thing!! I think i need to read the instructions again...

I found your Diary Kar! I only found this site after I'd had my op done last week, so I'm still going backwards and forwards a lot trying to remember where's what :) Good luck with the next two weeks. I'll be following your progress!

Afternoon all, well another lb off today on the scales so that's good! Just had rumbley tummy though and quickly shot to the loo! Oohhh not nice! Anyway still counting down and still happy away on the pre op diet, no issues with 600 cals a day. Hope everyone else is doing well x

Doing ok on the diet too. My official first day. My step daughter came round for lunch and her dad made her gorgeous sarnies and had got them tesco finest cheesecake. I had my salad and turkey breast....felt very smug lol

I am struggling to drink 2 litres of water a day. I know this will be really important to avoid constipation after the op...but I miss my diet iron bru lol

Great news KAR

Back