• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Scottish Girl.

VickiN86

Hi,

I'm really nervous about even posting on here. Not too sure what to right, I'm Vicki and have just been to my doctors about weight loss surgery and he has agreed to refer me, although first I need to see a diatician in the area, have seen one in another area so he says its just a formality. How long did it take people betweek first appointment and getting the surgery? Was it worth it? Think i'm still trying to get my head round it all.

Bev

A warm welcome to you xxx

Hello and very pleased to see you... I remember feeling exactly the same when I first posted and we all feel the same way generally... plus the question is the same as my first question...

It's a variable thing in terms of areas and waiting times.... but you'll find all of the answers on the threads here...

Wishing you all the luck I can send to you on your weightloss journey and for sure... anything that helps to make you feel better and to motivate you to make changes has to be a good thing in my opinion...

How much are you hoping to lose in weight?

Love and hugs to you and a huge :welcome2: xxx

salski

Welcome hun - no need to feel nervous - we're all in the same boat here chick! X

Big an Bouncy

Welcome,dont feel strange we have all been there!

lurve2laugh

hi hun and welcome there is nothing to be nervous of hun we are all on the same journey plus were all lovely on here xx

emma ruth

hiya im a newbie aswell every1 is so helpful iv waited around about 2 year and my opp is 1 week tomorrow and im soooo nervous not sleeping and peeing alot from the pre opp diet xx but i think the waiting times is all different im with srh sunderland xxx

marky v

don't be nervous, you've done the worst bit, and that's going to the doctors and getting the ball rolling, all of us on here, from us post-oppers, to the pre-oppers, band, bypass , sleeve, or whatever, all have our own experiences that we're more than willing to share with you, we all have had the same problems, so any questions, however silly you may think they are, or don't wanna ask cos you're worried about embarrassing yourself...DONT BE SHY....ASK AWAY ;)

riggiesue

hiya im a newbie aswell every1 is so helpful iv waited around about 2 year and my opp is 1 week tomorrow and im soooo nervous not sleeping and peeing alot from the pre opp diet xx but i think the waiting times is all different im with srh sunderland xxx

Good luck with your opp. I've only just joined this site and only asked my doc this week for a referal. 2 years.......blimey.........will i survive that long lol i'm sure you will be fine after op. xxx

vicky x

Hi, im new to this too but from what i've seen so far this site looks so welcoming and helpfull.
I feel so lost at the mo, almost too much to take in! I just wish i knew what to expect from this journey and when the big (op) day will be.
I hate waiting for anything but i know this one will be worth the wait!
Take care

emma ruth

all hospitals are different you might be seen sooner believe me it comes round quick haha xxx just think its going to be worth the wait xxxxxx

Jcw013

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.