• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to site - Please be aware !!!!

Caramac

Hi everyone out there I am new to this site so will give a little background of my situation.
I am two year post operative from my Gastic Bypass and from my heaviest I have lost 17 stone. Unfortunately or should say fortunately two weeks ago I went back into hospital where the procedure was performed for a small hernia operation. This operation turned from being a simple procedure to a major Peterson Hernia repair where my colon had double looped and my bowel had twisted (not really taken in all what the surgeon said after) It does however transpire that I am very very lucky to be here. I had been experiencing some discomfort in my right side in February and did get admitted to my local hospital who checked me for gall stones by blood tests and ultrasound which was negative. I was then discharged and sent a letter saying I would receive an appointment to see a General Medical Consultant. They did know at all stages my FULL medical history with dates times and places but failed to make any contact with my original Surgeon or his team. Please anyone out there not feeling right see your Original Surgeon ASAP

Last edited:
Hi Caramac and welcome.

Firstly congratulations on such an amazing weight loss. That really is incredible.

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly recently, I have heard of a petersens hernia before and it is life threatening so it sounds like you have had a lucky escape.

Keep us up to date with your progress x

Welcome Caramac x Hope that you enjoy being here x

Welcome Caramac, it sounds like you have had a lucky escape. Congratulations on your very impressive weight loss :) x

Hi Caramac and Welcome xx

Back