• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie alert

DoctorDonna

:wave_cry::sign0144::newbie:
Hi, I just joined the site because a friend from WW suggested it since I have no willpower and cave in easily. I didn't realise there was a weight-loss surgery section, I am so excited!

I have been refered by my GP for weight-loss surgery but deep down I feel like they will say no way, you should just diet more. How many diets did you try before you gave up on dieting? I have done so many, but did I really try? I am doing WW now until I hear more about my referal.

xxD

Hi and welcome to the section!

I have tried many, many diets over the last few years. Had a gastric band fitted last Saturday, bring on my new life !

Maz x

wellcome Doctor Donna (is that a referance to Dr Who) I love Dr who.

I tried allsorts of diets lost weight then put more on. so 17 years of doing this I thought stuff it and had a gastric bypass

welcome-glitter.gif

:wave_cry::sign0144::newbie:
Hi, I just joined the site because a friend from WW suggested it since I have no willpower and cave in easily. I didn't realise there was a weight-loss surgery section, I am so excited!

I have been refered by my GP for weight-loss surgery but deep down I feel like they will say no way, you should just diet more. How many diets did you try before you gave up on dieting? I have done so many, but did I really try? I am doing WW now until I hear more about my referal.

xxD

Hi & welcome to minimins. I tried every diet under the sun myself but could never keep the weight off. Best of luck & don't worry most people are afraid of the no. Your GP wouldn't send you on if they didn't think you were right for surgery.

Nic:)

Hi Donna and welcome, i too have tried many many diets putting more on then i lost afterwards, until i gave up, and the heaolth problems increased to a level i could no longer ignore.

Hi & welcome to mini's :)

NICE guidelines say that you need to have tried a number of diets, supported lifestyle changes, and medical help before WLS can be funded. Some PCTs are more strict on this than others, and may want you to attend a weight management course and try orlistat etc before granting you funding. Your BMI is high enough for funding under NICE guidelines if you've tried the alternatives. However, not all PCTs follow NICE guidelines, some set far stricter criteria. Blackpools criteria isn't listed on the BOSPA website so can't help on what the local criteria for you is.

Good luck anyway, your GP seems willing to atleast look into it all which is a good first step. In the meantime, research the different types of surgery and try to tune in to your stomach.

Hi DD - yes it's lovely to have you amongst our numbers (i'm relatively new here myself) but everyone has been wonderful and they have great advice to give us WLS all at different stages. So Welcome again and look forward to getting to know you better (and your step-daughter) :bliss::bliss:

hello and welcome which op were you thinking of having ?

Hi Doc, welcome to Mini's, I'm still relatively new here and have had some excellent advice and loads of support.

Before I opted for WLS I have had a life time of yo-yo dieting. The final straw was yo-yoing between about 22 stone and 25 +stone. That for me was IT. I knew I'd never lose a significant amount of weight without some SERIOUS help.

hi donna im new here to waiting for my surgery date at the moment , taken me a year to get to this stage ,so dont get disheartened with the wait it does take time but im sure your gp would not have refered you if they didnt think you were right for it .please remember if you do get a no you can appeal.good luck debbie x:)

Hi Dr donna and welcome to minis
i Look forward to following your progress. Keep posting and keep us updated on how things go.
HC

good luck

I am pretty new to this site as well although not new to dieting for sure.

Just want to wish you luck with your surgery. weight watchers is great for me, great support from the classes and this site is great to turn to when you really need some quick pick me ups on a bad day.

Good luck again

wellcome Doctor Donna (is that a referance to Dr Who) I love Dr who.

I tried allsorts of diets lost weight then put more on. so 17 years of doing this I thought stuff it and had a gastric bypass

Thanks for the welcome Teen. Yes my name is in reference to Dr. Who. My family always calls me the doctor because I always try to diagnos them. So when they heard 'Doctor Donna' on last series, I thought heck, I am Doctor Donna! Plus I love Catherine Tate, she's a riot.

xxD

Hi & welcome to mini's :)

NICE guidelines say that you need to have tried a number of diets, supported lifestyle changes, and medical help before WLS can be funded. Some PCTs are more strict on this than others, and may want you to attend a weight management course and try orlistat etc before granting you funding. Your BMI is high enough for funding under NICE guidelines if you've tried the alternatives. However, not all PCTs follow NICE guidelines, some set far stricter criteria. Blackpools criteria isn't listed on the BOSPA website so can't help on what the local criteria for you is.

Good luck anyway, your GP seems willing to atleast look into it all which is a good first step. In the meantime, research the different types of surgery and try to tune in to your stomach.

Thanks for that Shelbell and congrats on the pregnancy. I will have a look around and see if I can't find out what the criteria is for my area.

xxD

Hi DD - yes it's lovely to have you amongst our numbers (i'm relatively new here myself) but everyone has been wonderful and they have great advice to give us WLS all at different stages. So Welcome again and look forward to getting to know you better (and your step-daughter) :bliss::bliss:

Thanks hun! You are right, everyone here seems so lovely. I have been on another forum until recently and well, lets just say they were not as friendly.

xxD

hello and welcome which op were you thinking of having ?

Hi, I would like the gastric bypass I think. I looked into the band but I know I would probably just eat crisps and candy all day. I think with my eating habits and such the bypass would be best. My GP didn't even really know the difference if you can believe that. So I did my research and well, I think I am prepared. Any words of wisdom for me?

xxD

Back