• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie at the start of it all

specialk

Hi all

I have just been referred this week to start my WLS journey and to be honest I'm scared out of my wits!

I'm 25 and have fought with my weight from being about 4 I have always been much bigger than my peers and siblings, at 27.5st and 6foot1 I carry the look off ok, but I'm still obviously big, with a BMI of 52.5, I have no other factors that affect me, in actual fact I'm quite healthy...

I have done most diets and lost a few stone on them but it's been unrealistic to continue so have piled it back on and more.

I need to go for the baseline bloods on Thursday and then refer on to the weight management clinic once that's all done then providing I do well in the 12 week programme my doc said they couldn't see why I couldn't get funding.

I'm just petrified!

K

Welcome to the boards - Im sure that you will find that they are such a great place for support as you start this journey.

I'm 13 months post band op and my life has changed in ways I never imagined - I also started the journey with a high BMI at 54.2 and I've lost 20 points off of that along with 10 stone . . .

I just wish, I hadn't spent so long getting the courage to take this step, because I've wasted so much of life and things I could have done . .

:)

Welcome and good luck on your journey, if you need to talk or have any questions feel free to ask. There is a wealth of experience on here and people are happy to help in any way they can.

Good luck,

Jen x

Good Luck specialk and welcome to the forum :)

hello and good luck

Hello Fellow Newbie
I had my band fitted on Thursday this week.
I'm feeling Fine and wanted to pop on and say Hi to some others who will be doing this journey at the same time as me
I too am a tall well built woman a lot older than you, but age is just a number when we all share a similar problem

I wish you well and will pop in to keep updated :)

Hi and welcome. I don't know how long it takes as I went privately to get my band fitted, but however long it takes, and whichever route you go, I wish you the best of luck. Lots of support and guidance on the forum ... Just ask :)

Hiya, im new here too had my band fitted monday, unlike yourself i am small and dumpy and had really started to feel the effects of my weight on my body! Good luck x x

Going to the weight management clinic in the morning, 12 weeks of classes, let's hope at the end of it I am eligible for surgery!!!

Back