• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie at the start of it all

So today was my initial appointment to ensure I was still eligible to go... She did my blood pressure at 212/159 then again at 97/55...
Either I'm screwed or she is

Hi specialK welcome to the wls forum!

I began my weight management with weigh ahead in May, finished August. I saw a cbt almost every week for 2 months during the time I was with weigh ahead. I was then referred for wls at the end of August and received a letter on the 1st of October inviting me to a seminar on the 21st of November.
I am in sheffield and I have spoke to to a few people on the forums who are also in sheffield. 2 of them went to the seminar in August, one of them has been and had their surgery, the other has their date for December. So 3 months for one, 5 for the other.
I'm 24, almost 25 stone, and only 5ft5 and bmi close to 60. I suffer with depression and chronic back pain, recent blood test show all in fine with bloods, iron, thyroids etc, also blood pressure is fine...
Good luck with your journey!!

Kirsty

Thanks Kirsty, I've read good things about how quick Sheffield get through patients, no one seems to be from Dewsbury though...

I am starting with back pain, and wow it hurts, for my size I've never really had a problem, I know in 6ft and 28ish stone I think, and now know the back pain is down to my weight, I'm also starting with knee pain in both knees... I think I am falling apart.

I went for my first appointment to start me on my WLS journey and my blood pressure was 212/159 which I know is wrong but then it went down to 97/55 but I'm still getting headaches and I can hear my pulse in my ears, it's driving me mad!

I'm going to my go gp but in the mean time I can just have a whinge...

K
:)

Thanks Kirsty, I've read good things about how quick Sheffield get through patients, no one seems to be from Dewsbury though... I am starting with back pain, and wow it hurts, for my size I've never really had a problem, I know in 6ft and 28ish stone I think, and now know the back pain is down to my weight, I'm also starting with knee pain in both knees... I think I am falling apart. I went for my first appointment to start me on my WLS journey and my blood pressure was 212/159 which I know is wrong but then it went down to 97/55 but I'm still getting headaches and I can hear my pulse in my ears, it's driving me mad! I'm going to my go gp but in the mean time I can just have a whinge... K :)

I suffer with a lot of headaches and migraines. All stress related I think.. It will have been hair from the nerves.. I had my final review with weigh ahead today, and was having a minor panic attack while waiting... I've been loads, so unsure why I had this! Lost 2lb since my last appointment in August, she was pleased that I'd maintained...

Kirsty

Hi specialk, I have my first consultant apt at pontefract ahead of the 12 week weight management course on 28 nov. Can I ask you what they did at that first apt? Also my eventual surgery will be at Dewsbury . X

Hi Leda

I've not had my consultation yet, just the initial meeting with the Health Care Assistant who just talked through my options

Hi Leda

I went to see a health care assistant, she weighed me and measured my height to do my BMI, also took my blood pressure (which she got wrong on both accounts) and pulse (again wrong) and talked me through the options for weight management.
1. Vouchers to attend 12 weeks of weight watchers
2. 12 weeks of seeing a physiotherapist and a dietitian (no surgical option)
3. As above but with added group psychologist intervention and then appointments to see the consultant for surgery

Hope that helps

K :)

Thank you, I didn't know whether it takes a long time or whether I should let my husband wait for me. Doesn't sound like a long appointment. Still, seems so far away to the op....
Thanks though, I'm glad I know what to expect and you never know, might see you at dewsbury! X

I think it took about 30 minutes and part of that was her wasting time whilst thinking about calling an ambulance as my blood pressure was apparently 211/159...

Hi specialK I had my first referral in April from GP then had my bypass 2 weeks ago so was 6 months all together but that was at north tees in Stockton. Good luck Hun any questions just ask :)

Hi Kaz

Too many questions to ask but mainly how do you feel 2 weeks post op?
And when are you thinking on returning to work? (obviously if you are working)

K :)

I feel ok was up and out and about after a week. Just bits of discomfort when I've eaten and odd wind pains x

Back