• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie bander

Hi and welcome to the site. You will find loads of help and inspiration this site on your weight loss your journey. Good luck :)

Hi and :welcome2:
Congrats on being newly banded. The banders on here are so friendly and helpful (as are the non banders too!).
Take it easy
xx

smiley_welcome.gif

Hey me too (12 July). Isn't it a brilliant feeling I'm soooo happy I'm on the losers bench. Good luck with your journey and keep us updated.

welcome to the losers side........ who did your band ?are you nhs or private xxxx

Hello and welcome x x

Welcome and well done! I was banded on July 14th so we're at the same stage. How are you feeling?

im a pre opper so no help im afraid,,but im sure someone will give you good advice shortly, welcome and well done and good luck to you on your journey x

Hi, in the hospital they give you a bowl of bouillon and three biscuits with low fat butter/marg and jam. The biscuits are actually what I know as French toast. I got some in sainsburys and I've been having one or two with my soup with a jelly jam on them. Very tasty. They seen to melt in your mouth. Try those.

Whilst not advisable post-op I chewed some sugar free gum once I finished my milk ( chewing triggers stomach acid so safer with something in your stomach first), partly as the taste in my mouth was never pleasant and partly to ease the need to chew to think I have actually eaten. Saved my sanity and post op have no craving to chew. Post-op gum not a good idea as if you swallow it you could block the pouch plus you don't need more stomach acid than you have to in your pouch.

Thanks pals. Yesterday was just a bad day. Today is better, yesterday I had ignored my shakes, just spent the day drinking water and green tea

You need more nutrition than that travelling man. Make some soup with veggies, chicken and stock then strain it off and drink the liquid.

Hi Travellingman and welcome!

I agree with Ankaas there are lots of lovely liquids you can have to get some nutrition and energy.

Are you a sweet or savoury eater?

On the liquids stage I had a combination of:

Milkshake
Slimfast
Smoothies
Actimel

Various soups, if shop brought blitzed - Covent Garden ones are lovely. If home made lots of flavours added.

Plus lots of water and tea with skimmed milk.

Thanks Arkaas and Mazza

I have been using the shakes and clear hot broth but should vary my diet with more intresting liquids.

I have downloaded myfitnesspal to get into the habit of recording my daily food and fluids and this has also prompted me to eat more as well.

I am one week post op and 5.2kgs lighter which most of that is probably fluids.

Looking forward to being more active.

Back