• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kate hunni try slowing down with the fluids lots of slow sips is the key :) it could well be drinking too fast causing your troubles.....keep up with your pain relief....and windeze ..... walking will help too..... a hot water bottle on your back..... trust me these feelings will all pass once your feeling brighter......feeling tearful and regretful are common....its post op blues sweetness.... huge hugs coming your way :) chin up x x x x

Hope you are feeling well guys... I'm really looking forward to hearing all about the weight dropping off you. I'm going in a week Saturday. My life evolves around food so its going to be very weird.... What will I do with myself ;-) xx

Hi Sarah, I'm two weeks post op and feeling better .... first week was tough very emotional and the trapped wind is not nice but it does get better. I've read that some people don't get the trapped wind!! One week today for you, how are you feeling? Where are u having the op? Exciting times ahead .... Xx

Thanks guys... Feel much more positive today!!! Guess I will have up and down days ?

Not long now Sarah... The operation itself is easy, I have struggled with pain in my chest over the last couple of days but lost 6 pounds already so that's spurring me on!

Xx

6lb that's great Kate :) so glad your feeling better and more positive. Things will settle down. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven as I'm now knot to purée food!!!!! No more liquid yay!!

Yep all good thanks... Moving around much more freely now with little pain. Sick of soup though!!! Can't wait for mushy foods! How are you? X

That's great news :) the soup weeks are sooo hard!! I have now progressed to baby food lol!! Very hungry though xx

Thanks guys... Feel much more positive today!!! Guess I will have up and down days ?

Not long now Sarah... The operation itself is easy, I have struggled with pain in my chest over the last couple of days but lost 6 pounds already so that's spurring me on!

Xx

Wow that's brilliant... hope the wind pain has started to ease off.

Hi Sarah, I'm two weeks post op and feeling better .... first week was tough very emotional and the trapped wind is not nice but it does get better. I've read that some people don't get the trapped wind!! One week today for you, how are you feeling? Where are u having the op? Exciting times ahead .... Xx

Hi Yvonne,

How long did the trapped wind last for you? I'm having mine at Dolan Park. I have had a few doubts again this week because I know my life will change so much but after binge eating and drinking at a BBQ yesterday I realised I really do need something to stop me. I sought of just unconsciously eat myself to death. I'm putting yesterday down to a last supper and started a diet today.

I cant wait to get it out the way but I think I am kidding myself because I don't think I'm prepared for how much its going to take it out of me.

As a single mum I'm going to be on my own with the kids when I get back so this week I'm going to have to get lots of meals ready for them. Fingers crossed it will be ok.
xx

Hi Sarah,

The trapped wind didn't last longer than a week and as the week went by it got better and better!!! Get some peppermint cordial in as it really helps with the trapped wind.

I found the first couple of days I was tearful and really tired but it passes after this. Try and take thing easy the first few days.

I had doubts just before the op and afterwards I had regrets for a couple of days but again I'm now feeling really positive. I needed to take back control with food as I had no cut off point. Try and remain positive and remember why you made the decision for WLS.

Not long now and it will all be done and dusted. :) xx

cant wait... I'm hoping I can log on at the hospital and let you guys know how its going..

Really struggling with the liquids..... So bored of eating soup!!!! Did everyone do 2 full weeks or can I just do 10 days and try mash potato etc at the weekend?????

Help ????? xxxxx

I did try a little mash etc towards the end of the 2 weeks as I lost the will and I was starving!! How's ur weight loss going? Xx

Yeah lost 10 pounds... Just had mash potato with a bit of cheese and beans and seems to have gone down ok... I literally can't eat anymore soup! X

Hahaha that was my first mushy meal!! Well done that amazing!! I stayed the same last week not sure why :( but I will keep going !!

I have bought truck loads of slim fast for my post op (in different flavours) so hopefully will cope with that. I have also frozen some small potion ready meals ready to puree up when the time is right. fingers crossed. Hope you guys are doing OK.

Sarah xx

Back