• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good luck chick - sleep well x

Well it's done.... Had to wait until 2pm which was annoying! Dr said it was very straight forward.. Got home about an hour ago so just chilling out now.

No shoulder pain yet but got a stitch like sensation, managed a lot of fluid but feel starving so just had a couple of mouthfuls of chicken soup.

Got to inject myself for the next 5 days which I'm not looking forward to.

So happy it's over!! Just hope I can get a good nights sleep.

How are you doing Yvonne?? Xxx

why do you have to inject yourself?

God I hope I don't have to do that! Must be to prevent a DVT.

Wtg and welcome to the losing side :) plenty of fluids and rest now x x xx yes sarah its blood thinning and yes you will have to do it !! eeek the worst part..... my hubs did mine....I just pinched a few inches and let him stab me LOL I was a total wuss and hide behind a cushion in tears!! but its only for a few days .... doddle x x xx x

Wtg and welcome to the losing side :) plenty of fluids and rest now x x xx yes sarah its blood thinning and yes you will have to do it !! eeek the worst part..... my hubs did mine....I just pinched a few inches and let him stab me LOL I was a total wuss and hide behind a cushion in tears!! but its only for a few days .... doddle x x xx x

thanks crystal... may ask my mum to do it while I look away. :wave_cry:

Kate great to hear it all went well :) I also had to have the inflections which my Hubbie did. It doesn't hurt the needle is very fine.
Congratulations Kate ur well into ur journey.
I'm good thanks back at work and healing well.
Rest up now, sleep and relax xx

So woke up today in a lot of pain across my stomach... No pain in the shoulder so not sure if it's wind or just from the op. Managed to get some sleep which is good!

X

It maybe trapped wind as I am still getting it now it comes up under the diaphragm - can you get some peppermint cordial?? It really helped with the wind. Try and get some rest, everyday will get easier xx

I have some windeeze which is helping but yes it's under my left breast bone so must be that....

Fluids going down very easily which is good... Just done my first injection which wasn't great, hate doing it myself ?

Not had any soup yet, did you go straight into soup?? I have Covent Garden chicken but it has a few small bits in, not massive so do you think they will be ok?? Xx

The wind will pass. Yes I had soups and I used a sieve to get the bits out just in case!! Have u got pain killers from the hospital? Xx

Not too bad, chest area is sore but think it's just the scars healing... Just relaxing today but really want to try and get out tomorrow because I'm getting cabin fever stuck in the house!

Just had soup and juice and managing to drink quite a lot of fluids which I guess is good, sleeping is a little uncomfortable and not been to the loo yet which is starting to worry me a bit...

How are you?? How's the weight loss coming along? Bet your getting fed up of liquids by now xx

Yes I went a bit crazy being in doors!! Try a gentle walk when u feel able. Glad ur feeling a bit better... It's strange that we get pains in the chest... Not sure why that is but it does pass.

I am sooooo fed up with liquids!!! Only one more day then I can move to the equivalent of baby food lol!!! I am starting to feel hungry !!!
I haven't weighed myself yet this week. I try to do it once a week on a Monday. Fingers crossed I have a loss this week .......

So day 4...

Starting to wish I had never done this, I'm having so many chest pains and can't hardly move without wincing with pain ?

Managed to get out for a couple of hours but I'm exhausted now and feel really hungry.. Every time I try and have something i get a heart burn feeling and struggle to breath.

So all in all a **** day!

Praying this pain goes away soon x

Oh no.... Don't regret your decision Kate. I had terrible pains all last week but it does get better. After the op in the first week I was really tearful and had regrets but it does get better. Peppermint cordial and a warm hot water bottle helps with the pain. Can ur husband run ur back?? It helps the wind move up or down... Lol!! It will settle soon.

I had gallons of soup in the first week as I was really hungry
this week not soon much .... But I am sick of liquids!!!!! Have you tried yoghurt a mixed with a little milk a nice change? In your last message u said u hadn't been to the loo...... It took me a week to go after the op!! But all is normal now. Take care xx

Back