• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie bander

MrsPill said:
Welcome and well done! I was banded on July 14th so we're at the same stage. How are you feeling?

Hi MrsPill, how has your first week been? I finaly feel now on top of my cravings and more control of my diet.

j.u.s.t.l.i.z. said:
welcome to the losers side........ who did your band ?are you nhs or private xxxx

My band was done by a surgeon with a obesity clinic in Sydney called "Circle of Care", I am a private patient.

Next week I have my first appointments with physios, nutritionists, dieticans and psychologists so apart from all the "banders" here there is a team locally to provide support as well.

Hi Travelling man,
I'm not hungry at all. I seem to be drinking things to get rid of the taste in my mouth and also trying not to be dehydrated.
I've been a bit negative over the past few days...guess I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming. I'm sure it'll get better.
Hey- 5kg+ is tremendous...well done. Thats worth everything eh.

MrsPill said:
Hi Travelling man,
I'm not hungry at all. I seem to be drinking things to get rid of the taste in my mouth and also trying not to be dehydrated.
I've been a bit negative over the past few days...guess I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming. I'm sure it'll get better.
Hey- 5kg+ is tremendous...well done. Thats worth everything eh.

MrsPill, i know how you feel, the last few days I have felt the same but today seems to be a good day. I've done nothing special except to add 2 glasses of fruit juice and flavoured hot black tea (honey & ginger) to my diet. I also went out shopping and had my grandson over for visit which has also lifted my spirits.

Hang in there, we have made the right choice, done the hard thing with the op so it can only get better from here.

Welcome to the site. You will get lots of support and advice here. I am very impressed with the support you get as part of your package. I wish you every success.

tranquil x

tranquil_butterfly said:
Welcome to the site. You will get lots of support and advice here. I am very impressed with the support you get as part of your package. I wish you every success.

tranquil x

Thanks Tranquil_butterfly, it is great having a site full of supportive people. I wish I had found this site during my pre-op journey it would of made that part alot less lonely.

Hi Travellingman,

Welcome to the world of banders! I had mine fitted on 5th June and have lost 28lbs (12.5kg) so far....someone that saw me for the first time since the op said to me today "Blimey, where has the rest of you gone?".....I was grinning for a long time after that!

Look me up on MyFitnessPal.com, I am under...you guessed it Moulin85, it is an excellent application and a lot of people from this site are on there too.

Good luck and stay positive, it can be tough in the first few weeks but the pro's totally outweigh the cons!

Luv Sally x

Moulin85 said:
Hi Travellingman,

Welcome to the world of banders! I had mine fitted on 5th June and have lost 28lbs (12.5kg) so far....someone that saw me for the first time since the op said to me today "Blimey, where has the rest of you gone?".....I was grinning for a long time after that!

Look me up on MyFitnessPal.com, I am under...you guessed it Moulin85, it is an excellent application and a lot of people from this site are on there too.

Good luck and stay positive, it can be tough in the first few weeks but the pro's totally outweigh the cons!

Luv Sally x

Thanks Moulin85, for your support.

The first week was a real mental battle, just getting my head around my new life style but now I feel more control especially in fluid intake.

This site has been a great asset in the battle.

MrsPill, i know how you feel, the last few days I have felt the same but today seems to be a good day. I've done nothing special except to add 2 glasses of fruit juice and flavoured hot black tea (honey & ginger) to my diet. I also went out shopping and had my grandson over for visit which has also lifted my spirits.

Hang in there, we have made the right choice, done the hard thing with the op so it can only get better from here.

I have a lot more energy today and consequently feel a lot more positive probably because I feel more normal and less 'ill'. It has also been the first time I've felt hungry! And I was pleased that a slimfast drink curbed that hunger...it never has before.
I haven't got grandchildren yet but I have a 2yr old grand-nephew who is gorgeous and he lifts my spirits too. I'm soooo looking forward to being a grannie :) but it'll be a few years yet I guess. (Hope they don't read this!)

Great to read you are feeling more positive. I agree about the shakes.

Stay positive, set yourself mini goals that are achievable and realistic, remember to throw in a few non weight loss goals as well to make sure that this doesn't become the sole focus of all that you do.

We can do this.........

Back