• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie West Midlands - surgery Walsall hopefully!

I hope Walsall sort out the lack of beds I will be devastated if my op next Wednesday is put back x
She has been in the phone all day today and they have not yet fixed a new date. She is just continuing on the Diet. I suspect when they cancel the day due to beds it doesn't affect others and they try and slot those who are cancelled in around others. I have no idea in fairness. If she gets a new date I will let you know! Hope the shrinking diet is gong ok Kim :)

Hi
The LSD is going fine,I'm trying to just knuckle down and get through, 3 weeks on it enough thought really, still what will be will be.x

Hi The LSD is going fine,I'm trying to just knuckle down and get through, 3 weeks on it enough thought really, still what will be will be.x
I am worried how I will manage on it. I am not allowed to do option 1 due to taking metformin. So I will be doing the food version. I am so worried I won't manage it. Fingers crossed. Take care.

I am worried how I will manage on it. I am not allowed to do option 1 due to taking metformin. So I will be doing the food version. I am so worried I won't manage it. Fingers crossed. Take care.

witch diet you thinking of doing and its not eaisy im on the milk and i wished some one told me about it befor hand 4 pints a day and 1 very small yogert and going to toilet at night also take your vitamins all the time.

start them now i brought tesco cheap brand and i have noticed a diffrence tho

if i was you just try milk 4 pints start that tommorow and see if you like it so there no stress and then the next day your breath will smell but you lose a lot

It's not about loosing weight at this stage it's about shrinking the liver. If you need to go on the real food diet it will be fine that's the one I dud and I lost just under a stone. But its the easiest one to do because you eating things you would every day so it's easier because it's normal good. Good luck

witch diet you thinking of doing and its not eaisy im on the milk and i wished some one told me about it befor hand 4 pints a day and 1 very small yogert and going to toilet at night also take your vitamins all the time. start them now i brought tesco cheap brand and i have noticed a diffrence tho if i was you just try milk 4 pints start that tommorow and see if you like it so there no stress and then the next day your breath will smell but you lose a lot

Hi Blade because of my insulin resistance and the metformin tablets I take I am not able to do the milk diet they said. So I will be on the very low calorie low carb diet for 2 weeks.

So that's removed any worry about choice I might have!!!!

?

Hi Blade because of my insulin resistance and the metformin tablets I take I am not able to do the milk diet they said. So I will be on the very low calorie low carb diet for 2 weeks.

?

Very lucky i puked my milk that iv had today and went hungry and the mrs couldnt eat her dinner after so i was hungry.

i havent tried the low carb thing what is it i had the panflet through through the door but i cant stomach fish unless its tuna mayo from gregs or subway nasty throughts no i cant have none LOL

It's not about loosing weight at this stage it's about shrinking the liver. If you need to go on the real food diet it will be fine that's the one I dud and I lost just under a stone. But its the easiest one to do because you eating things you would every day so it's easier because it's normal good. Good luck
My reading about liver shrinking diet agrees with you Mouse - the purpose is to shrink the liver. I was a bit surprised at the group session at Walsall when they made it clear they cannot tell if you have followed the diet until they see your liver during surgery - then she added - however we expect to see indications that you've followed the diet properly by you losing sufficient lbs! Everywhere is so different isn't it. Very confusing sometimes when everywhere has their own version. Walsall after the op keep you on liquids for 4 weeks, then purée for 4 weeks and then mushy room for the last 4. Guess have to just keep plodding on and hope for the best :)

I've loved reading your pre and post op experiences. Especially being a Brummie based lady like myself :)

Hi deb
I did the food one last time when I was private and it was probably a bit easier that could be because when private you only do 2 weeks and I'm having to do 3'. I thought the milk yoghurt was less fuss as you can't go wrong lol I'm not hungry but I do crave things
Anyway enough about me, have you heard anything yet ?
Kim x

Hi deb I did the food one last time when I was private and it was probably a bit easier that could be because when private you only do 2 weeks and I'm having to do 3'. I thought the milk yoghurt was less fuss as you can't go wrong lol I'm not hungry but I do crave things Anyway enough about me, have you heard anything yet ? Kim x

No Kim, sadly still no news. I need to be less impatient I know. I did call today but got the answerphone again. My pre op swabs expire on Friday so I will need to go back at do the blood and swabs again once I have a date. I know I have to be in the diet for 2 weeks and unless I hear soon I can only assume it's not going to be April!!!
At least it's now only a week to go Kim and the new you will be able to start.
Hope the last week goes uneventfully - take care :)

Debs they do expect you to loose weight and that's how they know you've been on it but it is right they don't know until the day if you have stuck to it, and if it's not small enough the will just wake you up and won't chance it because if the liver is damaged it causes all sorts of problems. But it is all about sticking to the diet, I had to do four weeks and it was quite easy realy I just had to get organised with work and making sure I had good and the right type. Good luck when you get a date.

Last edited:
Newbe

?

Hi Debs,

Hope your day is going well.... When my weight loss plateaued I went on the exante diet, surprising the food packs didn't taste so bad at all, this could be an option for you if you prefer to eat something.

Does anyone have any experiences to share about the sleeve?

how are you getting on debs im getting headachs like crazy lack of water i was told :(
but im getting slowly tho

Hi blade are you just starting the pre op,diet

no they couldnt understand why i wasnt losing weight. and my weight fluxed but stayed nearly constant only over the last two years.

so they put me on the liver shinking diet to see if i could lose the weight.
and its working also i did stop using weights cut out anything that sugery and im dropping fast now.

bu iv reached my goal weight that they wanted to me to drop within a month and im crushing that now.

I was going to,say that the fluids are important I have no idea why but they do help shift the weight. The more you drink the easier you loose the weight. It's not because your using fluids instead of food it's all Scientific

it aint just fluids its about Suger and fat there no point in having whiped cream on a cappachineo or on a hotchock and having 3 spoons of suger in there.

water milk and low fat yog to ease the constipation :D

You said you were suffering due to lack of water intake I was just suggesting you need to increase your fluids to help with the weight loss. Those who have had surgery know only to well that high sugar and fat intake are not good for us ask any one of us who's dumped. You can up you fluid intake with NAS drinks, tea, coffee or Bovril and any other liquids as long as it does not contain sugar, cream or any other high fats so you have to be careful,what liquid you choose. But if you have a sweet tooth you can use sweeteners but again you need to be careful

Last edited:
Hi ladies, hope you are all well :) I've just been reading all of your posts, this website is great for support! I am right at the start of my journey, my referral is being reviewed with the board today for approval... do any of you know (if approved) what the next step will be? I have a BMI of 51 and would also be under Walsall Manor. xxx

How did you get on? Hope you've had some good news

Hi ladies I'm also under Walsall manor and my surgeon is mr a khan,my op is April 15 is anyone else scheduled for that day ?

How are you Kim. How has the liver shrinking diet gone? Hope you are all set for tomorrow. Wanted to send my very best wishes

Debs x

Back