• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie West Midlands - surgery Walsall hopefully!

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to say hi - hope your bypass goes well in April. I am praying to be not to far behind you but with a sleeve :) good luck.

Ah thank you and good luck with your sleeve. Fingers crossed you get a surgery date soon :)

Flipping heck! That's ridiculous!!!!! In a superb way - have you found it hard to work with post surgery situation - how do you find it works with family life etc - we enjoy social life around eating which I guess will have to change! X

Ha ha it is a bit mad!!! Lol
Struggled at first but once on normal food at 8 wks it's good, although I still struggle with my head as opposed to actual stomach thinking I can eat more than I can!!!
If I go out I just order a starter to come as a main which works pretty well ? x

I hear people say this and I am sensible enough to realise cutting away 70% of the stomach does mean that at least at first, you eat much less. But reading and seeing that is very different to accepting that will be me! I don't particularly binge or eat choc all day in deed choc is not my drug of choice! But I do eat huge amounts and not being able to seems to much to hope for.

Let's see!!

Hi and welcome Debs . My post bypassed Nov 14. Im also west midlands although Heartlands. Any questions fire away we are all here to help some great advice on here and some very inspirational stories. Im now nearly 6 stones down from my largest with another 6.5 stones to go till target. Hope all now goes well now your in the system of things. How come you are at Walsal manor and not Heartlands being you live in Yardley? X

Hi and welcome Debs . My post bypassed Nov 14. Im also west midlands although Heartlands. Any questions fire away we are all here to help some great advice on here and some very inspirational stories. Im now nearly 6 stones down from my largest with another 6.5 stones to go till target. Hope all now goes well now your in the system of things. How come you are at Walsal manor and not Heartlands being you live in Yardley? X
Hi Sharona

It's a muddle - like me!!!
I live near Bromsgrove - work in Sheldon. I went to Swan Medical Centre, Yardley for 2.5 years for a tier 3 program having been referred there by my doctor who is in Cotteridge!!!! (Still with me - or lost the will to live yet?!?!)

Anyhow - at the Swan it was clear my issues were my relationship with food so I spent 2 years seeing the psychologist each month to try and straighten that out - he is Mr Kendrick.

When WLS was approved I could go to Heartlands, Coventry or Walsall. I plumped for Walsall as Mr Kendrick worked there also - so in the absence of anything else - it made up my mind. I don't think there is too much in it travelwise.

It was also suggested that Walsall's waiting list wasn't as long - but that may have been a view sprinkled with fairy dust!!!!!

How are you feeling post bypass - I am hoping for a sleeve and that's been agreed I think :)

Thanks for taking the time to say hi x

Hi debs

My next appointment 13th March to see Mr kendrick again & Dr youseff.

Hope you good & well.

Keep smiling :) xx

Hi debs

My next appointment 13th March to see Mr kendrick again & Dr youseff.

Hope you good & well.

Keep smiling :) xx

My appointment for the 6th was cancelled today! :cry:
The administrator said my case is at MDT tomorrow and as long as everyone says they are happy - my final hurdle wil be to see Dr Yousaff - I was told her list isn't too bad - so who knows...

There is this group thing to do as well about the pre/post op diet - you've got a date your surgery if I remember - hope it soon arrives.

Good luck for the 13th :D

Hi Debs
Hope you good & well :)

I've already been on the group meeting, it was really good, such a eye opener...I did take down many tips and notes during the meeting, and so annoyingly I've bloody lots the notes :-( but I hope il put my hands on them soon....knowing my lucky one of the kiddies ace moved them :) :)
I always seem to get nervous, leading up to appointments lol.

Take care
Keep smiling :) :) :)

Hi Debs, I'm in Hodghill also a Heartlands babe lol I had my bypass on 10/10/14 so quite new. Any help or a meet up as you work local to me is on offer, I do work but can work around things if you would like. lol forward to hearing all about your journey. :)

flipping nora Mazza - 7 and half stone in less than 7 months is almost to much for my pea brain to comprehend.

March seems to be the last hurdle - group session, pre op with Nurse and pre op with Dr Youseff. Then I guess I just wait and see which Monday or which Wednesay is chop my stomach in half day! Super scared and super excited. Weird or what!!!

Debs x

Once you get the go ahead you will either have to loose so much to prove that your dedicated to the changes and then you will be given a place on the waiting list. After you get your date you will be put on a liver shrinking diet usually four weeks before surgery. This diet is not about loosing weight but to shrink the liver so the operation can be carried out safely. What are you hoping to have done.

Hi ladies
I'm also under Walsall manor and my surgeon is mr a khan,my op is April 15 is anyone else scheduled for that day ?

Hi ladies I'm also under Walsall manor and my surgeon is mr a khan,my op is April 15 is anyone else scheduled for that day ?
hi Kim. I've been at walsall for some months and I am through both bits of pre op. Have not yet been given a date. I had my ore op on 9th March so I hope I hear soon - did they give you much notice.
Good luck for the 15th :)

hi Kim. I've been at walsall for some months and I am through both bits of pre op. Have not yet been given a date. I had my ore op on 9th March so I hope I hear soon - did they give you much notice. Good luck for the 15th :)
Thanks Deb, I have been on a very long journey starting with paying privately but not having the actual sleeve due to hernia, it's taken ages to get the funding for the two ops together but luckily the guidelines changed and I now fit the criteria, I've been on the waistlines programme for 12 months, I managed to see Mr Kendrick in November and did the seminar with Georgia in November also, and at that we discussed the wedding of my son and we decided to wait till after that's otherwise I would have been done by now. First pre op 9th February, fab wedding February 14th Mr Yousef 24 February and after ringing for info got my date for 15 April , so even though all the prelim took ages the actual wait wasn't too long, when you see mr Yousef it should be 4 weeks approx afterwards, I did go to another pre op for swabs and bloods last week, so hopefully it's all go now for next week. I'm excited and really ready for this, and if ever this doesn't happen this time I don't know what to do next. My surgeon is Mr Khan as I'm having a hernia repair as well, but I've also seen Mr Mirza and they all seem really nice. I'm sure our paths will cross as there are many follow up appts and room 104 isn't that big,
Hope you hear soon x Kim

Well it's been 4 weeks now since I saw Mr Yousaf so let's hope I will hear soon!

I feel your journey. I spent over 2 years on a healthier weight programme in Birmingham seeing Mr Kendrick every month throughout summer 2012,13, autumn 14. So it was lovely to follow him to walsall!

I've been lucky I know as my first appointment was January and I am all done now waiting for a call to say start LSD - you're next!!!

I wish you all the very best and look forward to hearing how your journey goes :) x

Well it's been 4 weeks now since I saw Mr Yousaf so let's hope I will hear soon!

I feel your journey. I spent over 2 years on a healthier weight programme in Birmingham seeing Mr Kendrick every month throughout summer 2012,13, autumn 14. So it was lovely to follow him to walsall!

I've been lucky I know as my first appointment was January and I am all done now waiting for a call to say start LSD - you're next!!!

I wish you all the very best and look forward to hearing how your journey goes :) x

MR kendrick is a knightmare to see he has so many patients its not funny when you speak to him 6 months later its stupid :(

well at least your doing something and getting some where im very happy for you :D

MR kendrick is a knightmare to see he has so many patients its not funny when you speak to him 6 months later its stupid :( well at least your doing something and getting some where im very happy for you :D
Hi Blade

I only saw Mr Kendrick once at Walsall Manor. I must have been lucky as although I hadn't seen him since September 2014 when I walked in he said 'hello Debbie - you've taken your time'. My paperwork from the referral from healthier weight was a little delayed so although referred in August I didn't get to the hospital until January. I know he is a little like marmite - you either love him or otherwise. I recognise post op there is very little post op psych support as the demand far far outstrips supply.

I wouldn't necessarily say I am happy - but it's been over 3 years since my GP referred me and I have felt every emotion. I've shed a lot of tears but it did change my fate which I am now resigned to.

I thought I would have heard and it's driving me crazy with nothing else I can do but wait.

This sound very self pitying which is madness. I am overweight - no I am obese - because of my relationship with food and because I could control it. There's loads of triggers and it's a sad tale. Like all of us I am sure. I am lucky, very lucky, that I might get this sleeve - 5 years ago I'd have had to find £10,000. I know many people are waiting for many sort of ops and being turned down. So I try and tell myself it will happen soon. And then I stamp my foot in frustration as its one thing saying it and it's another abiding by it!!

I am sorry for moaning. :)

I have a couple of WLS friends who I met during the hospital processes and we keep in touch. Her operation was scheduled for today at Walsall. She was called late yesterday afternoon and was told her op was cancelled for today due to a lack of beds. She has to continue on the LSD and wait to hear. I feel so sorry for her - quite devastating. ?

dont be sorry debs iv had a rant and rave danced and cheered but last couple of weeks iv been like that just think of the goal in the end a better you and better life

I hope Walsall sort out the lack of beds I will be devastated if my op next Wednesday is put back x

Back