• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie West Midlands - surgery Walsall hopefully!

Debs!

Hi
I am person with a facade of confidence masking low self esteem and use food as a crutch/weapon/shield. I am now 47 years old and allowed my self abuse to turn to self loathing whilst always maintaining a fat, funny and fabulous facade! If only they knew....
In 2012 my GP referred me to a Tier 3 multi discipline team in South Yardley, Birmingham. I saw a dietician, doctor and psychologist each month for just over 2 years. With a BMI of 41 my local PCT (Worcester) would not fund WLS as they imposed as BMI of 55 for funding.
My luck changed when NICE changed the guidance in 2013 which led to funding not being PCT controlled. Tier 3 agreed I was suitable for WLS back in September 2014. I am now under Walsall Manor Hospital. I have seen everyone now except the Anaesthetist – I am waiting for an appointment to see him and if he says I am ok – with luck, I will be listed for surgery before the Summer of 2015.
I have opted for the sleeve. I am a single mum of 1 and looking forward to being kinder to myself at long last.

Hi hunni welcome, I'm in West Mids too, I had my op in Solihull (Bypass in Nov 2013) I have lost just over 11st :)

Hi Debs
Hope your good and well & welcome.
I'm to from the Midlands, and I'm hoping for my sleeve op end of March ☺️ At Walsall manor hospital, I'm also with Mr Mirza.
I was there for last week to see Dr kendrick ( I was really stressing about seein him, but all went well lol )

Wish you well on your journey.
Keep smiling xx

Well I wonder if we were in room 108 at the same time? I was at Walsall on 30/1/15 to see Dr Kendrick and Dr Mirza. Was there between 1000 and midday. Were you sat behind me - failed band??!
Small world possibly!
Debs

hello newbie !

Hi Debs Hope your good and well & welcome. I'm to from the Midlands, and I'm hoping for my sleeve op end of March ? At Walsall manor hospital, I'm also with Mr Mirza. I was there for last week to see Dr kendrick ( I was really stressing about seein him, but all went well lol ) Wish you well on your journey. Keep smiling xx
thank you - I am still convinced we may have been sat in the waiting room at the same time!

How are you getting on Leda - you're lost op now by 5-6 weeks if I have remembered properly!

Hi debs

No defo wasn't me with failed band. I was there at 3pm to see Mr kendrick lol, ave u any further appointments dated yet.

Be nice to meet you in there one day... Who knows could have same op date

Keep smiling xx

Hi debs No defo wasn't me with failed band. I was there at 3pm to see Mr kendrick lol, ave u any further appointments dated yet. Be nice to meet you in there one day... Who knows could have same op date ? Keep smiling xx

I saw him at 11am the same day. I like him but I'd seen him every month for 2.5 years so at least I knew what to expect!
I have to see the anaesthetist and attend a group diet information session and then, gulp, I think that's it!! They said March/April but if weather gets bad - theatre space gets tight and all elective procedures end for a bit. So might not belong. I am excited and terrified and worried in equal measures. But what I am not is unsure :)

Hope to share this rollercoaster soon!

How are you getting on Leda - you're lost op now by 5-6 weeks if I have remembered properly!

Hi Debs, I'm fine, 8 weeks out , never been sick or found any food aversions. However my weight loss is slow, 20lbs loss . week 5 and 6 was same and 7 I'd put 3 lb on! This week lost that thank goodness but that means I'm still at weight I was 3 weeks ago. I had list 4 1/2 stone leading up to op from referral though so I'm looking at it as 6 stone loss instead like a fellow Decemberer pointed out lol. So I have 6 stones to go if possible, just going on my exercise bike now as that helped last week! : )
All the best x

Thanks amazing Leda - 6 stones in your journey is a huge achievement. I think sometimes when we look at those big numbers we forget just how much of a success each and every stone is. I am moving to WLS as a final resort - seems drastic to cut away 75% stomach forever but that's what I've come to as I don't sustain my losses. To lose 6 and to feel able to keep it off is ace! Good luck - hope to catch you up - my 7kg loss seems paltry so far! .

Welcome Debs!! I too am under Walsall. I had my op 26/11/14 and have lost a total of 7st 6 since start of pre op diet prior to surgery. I had the bypass. I was a very big girl lol still very big but 7 St less lol.
Good luck on your journey hun. You will do fabulously xxx

Welcome Debs!! I too am under Walsall. I had my op 26/11/14 and have lost a total of 7st 6 since start of pre op diet prior to surgery. I had the bypass. I was a very big girl lol still very big but 7 St less lol. Good luck on your journey hun. You will do fabulously xxx
Flipping heck! That's ridiculous!!!!! In a superb way - have you found it hard to work with post surgery situation - how do you find it works with family life etc - we enjoy social life around eating which I guess will have to change! X

Hi Mazza

thanks for taking the time to reply - its lovely to read about peoples experience who have used the same hospital - it's reassuring - you have done amazing well - fingers crossed that I have same sort of outcome :)

Hi Debs! Just wanted to say hi and to wish you well. I'm in Shropshire so not too far away. This site is so helpful. I'm due a bypass in April and have picked up loads of useful info. :)

Hi Debs! Just wanted to say hi and to wish you well. I'm in Shropshire so not too far away. This site is so helpful. I'm due a bypass in April and have picked up loads of useful info. :)
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to say hi - hope your bypass goes well in April. I am praying to be not to far behind you but with a sleeve :) good luck.

Back