• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Devon :)

Hey all, very new here so shall just put a bit of background down too so that everything I say will make some kind of sense.

I'm 36, from Devon, and I have 6 beautiful children, but I've struggled my whole adult life with my weight. I was on the forum a while ago, I dropped a huge amount of weight, was due to have a TT done at the same time as a hernia repair but the surgeon changed his mind at the last min. I was gutted.

All of the weight I lost went back on and more, then 3 years ago a work injury put me out of action, I've been a wheelchair user ever since, (Its messed up my back) and I also have a genetic condition EDS. I'm at the very start of my weight loss journey trying to get some help from the nhs as privately funded really isn't in my affordability right now.

So far I've checked out my local pct criteria, which a quick skim over reads that if my bmi is between 35 and 40 and I've had gestational diabetes (I have, 3 times, hmm nearly 40 now) that I can be reffered but I've got to of completed 6 months at a slimming group first. :/ which for me A isn't possible though I'd work with anything they can chuck at me tbh, and B, it says after refferal a 12-24 month intervention non surgical will happen.

I'm literally about to ask for refferal next week, would love to hear how the process has gone for others as I can only find from funding granted onwards atm. I just wanna lose the weight, and try and get my life back so I can better parent my children

Thanks for reading

Neeka.

Wishing you all the best Neeka. I feel your pain. Its great that you have managed to lose the weight before so you can definitely do it again. With your restricted mobility, I'm sure no matter what surgery you have or even if you have any at all, it is going to be pretty tough but you can do it.
Remember, its a journey, not a race :) Good Luck xxx

Hi and welcome

Sorry I can’t really help with the NHS route But will always listen and support where I can xx

Hey all, very new here so shall just put a bit of background down too so that everything I say will make some kind of sense.

I'm 36, from Devon, and I have 6 beautiful children, but I've struggled my whole adult life with my weight. I was on the forum a while ago, I dropped a huge amount of weight, was due to have a TT done at the same time as a hernia repair but the surgeon changed his mind at the last min. I was gutted.

All of the weight I lost went back on and more, then 3 years ago a work injury put me out of action, I've been a wheelchair user ever since, (Its messed up my back) and I also have a genetic condition EDS. I'm at the very start of my weight loss journey trying to get some help from the nhs as privately funded really isn't in my affordability right now.

So far I've checked out my local pct criteria, which a quick skim over reads that if my bmi is between 35 and 40 and I've had gestational diabetes (I have, 3 times, hmm nearly 40 now) that I can be reffered but I've got to of completed 6 months at a slimming group first. :/ which for me A isn't possible though I'd work with anything they can chuck at me tbh, and B, it says after refferal a 12-24 month intervention non surgical will happen.

I'm literally about to ask for refferal next week, would love to hear how the process has gone for others as I can only find from funding granted onwards atm. I just wanna lose the weight, and try and get my life back so I can better parent my children

Thanks for reading

Neeka.
Hi and welcome, I wish you every luck with your journey, the nhs route does take time but in my opinion it’s a perfect opportunity to research absolutely everything possible so you know exactly which surgery you would like and what to expect from it. Did you manage to lose the weight without surgery before, I’m sure I speak for all, if not most of us on here when I say we can all relate to that, losing weight is relatively “easy” it’s the maintaining that causes us problems and that’s exactly where the weigh loss surgery tool come into play, it’s a tool to help us......for life.
Good luck and please keep in touch xx

Awww thanks! Originally I was on here years back when I dropped alot of weight, but whilst I dropped alot in a short space of time, like, 6 months I think, (had a hernia the size of a babies head protruding from a surgeon going right through a previous hernia repair and it tore open When I was pregnant, the first time I decided to really try and lose weight it fell of easily, I was breastfeeding too and it was a breeze. The next time I tried, I got no where near my previous lowest weight, and each time now that I embark on an eating plan, I hit about 2st down and then I'm gaining and dropping the same 3lbs for what feels like eternity!

I'm gonna stick about on here if I can find out why my WiFi won't load this site. It only loads on 4g :/ which is odd. I'm so far swayed on the idea of A sleeve. I just don't feel I've read too much that inspires me to have a band, and it seems once done it doesn't need to be fiddled with. Did you have surgery?

Awww thanks! Originally I was on here years back when I dropped alot of weight, but whilst I dropped alot in a short space of time, like, 6 months I think, (had a hernia the size of a babies head protruding from a surgeon going right through a previous hernia repair and it tore open When I was pregnant, the first time I decided to really try and lose weight it fell of easily, I was breastfeeding too and it was a breeze. The next time I tried, I got no where near my previous lowest weight, and each time now that I embark on an eating plan, I hit about 2st down and then I'm gaining and dropping the same 3lbs for what feels like eternity!

I'm gonna stick about on here if I can find out why my WiFi won't load this site. It only loads on 4g :/ which is odd. I'm so far swayed on the idea of A sleeve. I just don't feel I've read too much that inspires me to have a band, and it seems once done it doesn't need to be fiddled with. Did you have surgery?
Hiya yes I had a bypass on 5th April and so far I love my pouch, not sure about the wi fi I’m not very technical, good luck xxx

Back