• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Gloucestershire

miserable

I am not sure if people will be able to read this, as i have tried before but cannot see it. So will start again and if you have already read this sorry. So Hi i am 28 and as you ll guess by my name i am miserable! I hate myself and my weight and the way i look...:cry: I am a classy weight problem case i would say. Done lots of diets, lost some weight and always put it back on and more... If you ask me when i started diets, i would reply, since i was born! My parents are thin and have always been worried about my weight, i can remember my mum saying, if only you were two kgs less you would be perfect, then it was 10kgs, then 20kgs, so when she mentionned 40 kgs i hit the roof! :mad:. So i decided to do something about it and started reading all the info and stories on this website! I am very grateful for all you wonderful people sharing your experience, it makes me feel like i am not the only one and you guys can understand me and their is a light at the end of the tunnel. So did some research and got in touch with Healthier weight, does anyone know their Birmingham center? I cannot wait to share my journey with you and get your support. Thanks to you all wonderful people

Hi and Welcome to the forum, You will find lots of support and help from members of the group, people are lovely in here and very friendly. You will also find that alot of us have gone through very similar things and are willing to listen to you as they understand what you are going through. Good Luck with your wls journey and I hope you start to feel better soon xx

Hi and welcome. This is a great place to find out more information and receive support x

Hi and welcome. What surgery are you going to be having?

Hi there thank u for the warm welcome. I am not 100% sure yet but I am thinking gastric band. I wish to loose about 100 pounds and more but the most important thing is to maintain a certain weight and be happy with myself. I can't do with buying clothes every two mns because the other don't fit me anymore...:( any thoughts? Any banders experience ll be much appreciated

Hi hon, pleased you shared your story. I am also a newbie, and only just shared my story ... its not one you share with just anyone, is it??? I think everyone on here has felt like you do at some stage in their lives, and I think the first step is acknowledging it and "saying it out loud"!!!

I'm not one for "forums" however, you wouldn't believe it, since I first said hello at the beginning of the week. Already this site feels like the one place I can say what I want to say ... how I actually feel ... and everyone understands where I am coming from.

We are all going through different stages of the same problem. When I first posted on Monday I was desperate, but through comments I have received on this site, I believe I have made a decision, and have put processes into place that will help me towards that goal. Thats not to say that there won't be situations that will occur to give my journey twists and turns at each different stage. However, I do feel that I have found a place that I can be open and honest with myself and others, instead of always having to hide behind the "I'm fine" ... and the happy face we tend to put on toward the outside world!!!

Good luck in your journey, and hopefully by sharing your thoughts and feelings on here you will be able to take support and learn from the experiences of the "friends" you will find on this forum. This site has already taken a weight of my shoulders!!! :)

xx

I had my band fitted just under 6 weeks ago, but so far so good. 23lbs down and I am smiling. I wanted to loose weight slowly rather than resort to more speedier options. I will be happy at 1-2lbs per week average. In all honesty I still love my food and I was concerned that having a gastric bypass or sleeve may mean me consuming too little food. For me it was all about balance in my life; however from reading the posts on this site, most people it would seem are happy with whatever choice they made individually. So whichever route you choose, I really wish you the best of luck on your own personal journey. :D

The only advice I would give you is to do your reseach on each weight loss surgery. Make sure you know enough to pick the one you think would be best for you.

Rosebun. x

Thank you for all your messages of support! i was feeling great this morning, finally found people that understand and get me. I hit a hard day today... i am not safe in my job anymore and i am not sure if i should really put a loan over my head... :( seems like no way out EVER. But will keep going and hope to keep the dream alive... i have started a list to justify the expense i.e if i feel more confident with myself and happier with myself maybe it will shine through and a better job would come along...hihi a girl can only dream.

Hi you two newbies. Everything you feel we all have felt. Someone will always be here with words to comfort. Dont feel bad about yourself anymore. I had my band on 12 July and I've lost over a stone - soooo happy with the band it's the best thing I've ever done. I'm looking forward to the future now. Whatever decision you make you will find someone on here to help with all your queries. Big irish hugs xxxxx

23lb in 6 weeks ll be heaven I can understand why u r smiling. I Wld too after doing lots of research I am happy with my first option. Just need to safe the money now any know winning number of the lottery lol!!! Can I ask how it took banders to recover and go back to work? Dont really want to tell them if I can avoid it... thanks again for all the support

I had my op on the Tuesday in Belgium flew back home on the Friday and went back to work on the monday. I have only told one person in work. I've had no problems with healing - just a bit tight round scars but nothing to worry about. Xx

Hi M - I had 2 weeks off - I could've gone back after a week but I got an infection in my port wound which whilst not anything major it meant I couldn't wear a bra ..... Which is not a good look at work !!!!!!

Michelle xxx

I had my band fitted on the Saturday and went back to work an office-based job on the Wednesday. I was fine ... but admittedly didn't really feel back to 100% of myself until after 2 weeks.

It took me two years to finally take the plunge and go for the op, but I am so pleased I did. I saved half the money and borrowed the rest, but I was doing my sums, and I reckon that the money my husband and I save, with our grocery bills being less, eating/drinking less when going out and the weekly slimming world saving - the band will pay for itself in 3 years. Plus I will be healthier; so for me the investment is worth it.

Last edited:
Hey There!

Welcome to the site. I too am from Gloucestershire! I had a band fitted back in April, and although the results haven't been what I wanted, it was the best decision I have ever made, as the weight is coming off and not on!

Hope to see you around!

Becky x

Heya, been speaking to the hospital group and I am amazed by their services, they do week end appointment so don't have to take time of work and apparently they pick u up from home and drive u back after surgery... any experience with them Birmingham or bristol would be my choice... chuckyboo can I ask why ur aren't that thrilled?

Back