• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Gloucestershire

Hi im new to the site as well and im really enjoying reading all the post, i wish you all the luck in the world.
i have been saving for ivf for yrs and been determine to lose weight in the process!!! i now have the funds and guess what im still six stone over weight! thats just for the ivf lol!
So we have decided to put the money towards wls and hope for the best as the clock is ticking and i aint getting any younger!!
am i crazy?? nah i dont think soooo :)

hi miserable,just been reading your posts and we are at the same stage I am new to site and dont know what im doing, but would love to stay up to date with your progress,I had my consultation at spire cardiff on satarday for a band had already made my mind up before going so asked him to fit me in as soon as poss,they phoned me this morn with date...the 19th got a real excited panic on now lots to organize ,quite hard work as only my husband and my mother know .Iwill keep you up to date with my appoints to let you know what to expect as you will be just a few days behind me.hope all goes well for the 10th.xx

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. Miss Hungry I just realise that your surgeon is the one i have an appointment with on 10th September... Would you mind telling me how was he with you? and to anyone, what must have questions i must ask when going there for my 1st appoitment, hoping to get a date in October for a gastric band... have lots of questions but want to make sure i am not forgetting anything :) I love this website and want to thank everyone for all the help advice and experiences.
Hi, my consultion with Mr Sigursson was fine. He just told me how the band works and about the surgery and weighed me and that was about it. He is matter of fact and not very smiley, but not unfriendly if you know what I mean. He asked if I had any questions, which I didn't really and that was it. Also saw the nurse who did BP and weight etc, and also saw patient co-ordinator who does the paper work side, basically filled in some forms and paid her. (which you don't have to do there and then btw).
And thats it really. I was really nervous on that day but it was all quite unexciting!

Hello everyone,

Thanks all the messages again means a lot! Isha you are not crazy! I am 28 and I hoping to sort myself out before i can start a family, so have the same goal in the end.

Shellymac, i would really welcome all the feedbacks and swap experiences as i found them so helpful. I am hoping to get my band actually fitted mid- october... but i need to get my head in gear as i am still secretely hoping to wake up one morning and be slim and happy! Dream on girl :)
So yes i would really like to do it together xx

Miss Hungry, thank you so much for all your time again and again. I have to start writing down all the questions i have so if anyone think of any please let me know. My OH already started the list! We had a rocky time last week as I think he finally realised I am very serious about it and i will go ahead with it and he though i will not. He is just worried i won't wake up... I told him that i will wake up and live very long and spend it annoying him :)

Anyway will be back later to collect all the possible questions i can think off.

Hi Shellymac, not long now, wishing you all the luck and happyness in your new journey. How are you finding the pre-op diet?

I went to my consultation on saturday and i really liked the surgeon. Miss Hungry you are right not smilly but straight to the point and answered all my questions + all the questions my OH had and it was a few pages! Very patient and he reassured a very stressed OH so i think that's good. He mentionned that i am quite small (ironic i KNOW) so he will fit a small band in, he could not give me the size until the op but would anyone would have an idea?

Thanks

Hi miserable thank you when I asked my surgeon about band size he said it varies according to weight as the heavier you are the more fat is likely to be around the stomach hence larger or smaller bands.my consultant kept mentioning me being on the smaller side with a lower bmi,i felt quiet slim coming out of there (really funny if you could see the size of me).I started my pre op diet properly monday so only one day in don't see any probs sticking to it as it is for just one week.How are you feeling have you come to any decisions yet?it's such a huge step isn't and when you say it out loud seems pathetic,an op to stop you eating so much! dreading telling my eldest he's going to think i'm mad.lol x

Hi Shellymac,
as you probably ready below, i am the same i am on the smaller side! really then why am i here lol but hey it is always nice to hear and soon it will be so true for the two of us. Paid my deposit this lunch time so my date is a month today 13th October, OMG i feel sick with nerves and impatient thinking about it! I have not told anyone and not planning onto, well apart from my OH who is freaking out so had to tell his parents. and his mum bless her cannot keep a secret so i am guessing by now all my OH family should know about it! Great :( but hey small price to be to be happy and healthy right?! please keep me posted on how u r getting on. x

hi miserable,how you doing getting all exited I bet now you have your date.
I've been doing pre op diet this week just my one day left tomorrow thank god ,
I've been alright up until today been really hungry and bored of the food all day could have killed for a glass of wine,getting nervous too,not long to wait now and plenty to do before I go to keep me occupied.keep me up to date on how you getting on .xx

Good luck for tomorrow. I hope it will go very smoothly and I wish you a very speedy recovery! I will be waiting for all your posts to see how you are getting on :) xxx

Back