• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie getting band and a big hello to everyone

niic0l3

I my names nicole am due to get my band done on the 17th November (very scared but happy) am getting my band done with the hospital group. About a year ago my weight I realise my weight got out of control and my best friend had a band done the year before she had change so much for the better and had so much confidence some think that I had started to lose I sat down with my mum and told her I was think about getting the same operation and was going to start to save my mum then suprised me and said I will pay for it for you I can't explain in word how much I was thankfully to have such an amazing understand mum. So now am getting close to my op date I wanted some advice from other about the pre op diet how people found it and what the use to eat also how did people find the op was they in a lot of pain after or could you go back to work and what did you take in to hospital with you. :)

welcome :)

The pre-op diet isn't easy, but follow the guidelines your provider gives you, it's so important because it prepares your body for safe surgery! Following the guidelines is very key with the band bug it can be wonderful.

I wasn't in pain after just a little discomfort and could have returned to work at day 3-4 but some people find it harder going and it takes a good week or so. They do recommended a week minimum off work depending on your job.

Hospital wise, set of pjs, wash stuff, squash something to read and that's about it. Didn't need anything else, but you should be provided with what you need to take by your provider and there's a whole section on the boards about what to take so have a peek :)

I'm 13 months out from surgery although I went with HW and not ThG but I love my band even though it hasn't been the easiest of journeys to get restriction for me.

:)

Hiya, im a newbie here too but was banded on monday. My pre op diet was a low cal, low carb diet so involved eating things like porridge and cottage cheese, and no bread. I found that easy to follow, but i know different hospitals have different requirements. I used to eat anything and everything pretty much, big sweet tooth, large volume eater a fan of take aways and everything bad. but ive already started to change the way i see food. I want to be healthy more than i want the bad food. I was in pain after the op im not going to lie but the hospital staff were brilliant and kept me topped up on pain killers and water. I'm 4 days down the line now and am starting to feel much better. I took with me a book my kindle and pjs, but tbh i mainly just watched tv cos i was pretty zonked! Look forward to hearing how you get on x

Thank for getting back to me top cat I don't find out what I need for pre op and hospital until next week when I have to go see them just excited about the band. If you don't mind me asking how has the weight lose been for you with the band I currently weight 18.02 stone I would love to get to 12 or 11 stone :)

Back