• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie looking for support

scnewbie

Hi! So I finally got a date August 13th. Super excited! I'm going to Belgium to Dr Chris De Bruyne. I have to admit I am quite nervous but really excited. Anyone else been to Belgium I would love to hear your stories!

Hi and welcome!

I had my op in the UK but just wanted to say hello

:welcome:

Hi and welcome!

I had my op in the UK but just wanted to say hello

:welcome:

Hi mazza!
Thanks for the reply. I am totally new to this. I'm in Ireland and flying to Belgium, but do tell me about your surgery as any information would really help. I'm tiny (midget size) only 5ft, and weigh nearly 13 stone so my height is were I am bet!

Ok, here goes!

I had a band fitted in April 2009. I am 5ft 10, so a giantess compared to you, lol.

I did weigh 19 stone and ate way too much. I now weigh around 12 1/2 stone, so only half a stone less than you but perfect for my height.

My op went really well and from day one my portions shrunk. I lost most of my weight in the first six months and have been maintaining for quite some time.

I'm a moderator on this site so if you need any help with anything, you know who I am.

There you go, thats me. Good luck on your journey xx

I had my surgery on Tuesday, all good so far, on to smooth foods tomorrow from liquid only, so we shall see how that goes!

What are you hoping for out of surgrry?x

I had my surgery on Tuesday, all good so far, on to smooth foods tomorrow from liquid only, so we shall see how that goes!

What are you hoping for out of surgrry?x

Sounds all good! Are u in any pain and do they give you pain medication after surgery?? I'm a mum of 4 children and have been thin in my early years but after having children I just couldn't seem to get my body back on track. Also 2 of our boys are autistic so I've never had the time to look after myself until now. I have extremely high blood pressure too which is in my family but the weight does not help. So I'm hoping that the bp will come down after surgery. I've been reading some horror stories also here and am kind of anxious that it won't work for me. That's my biggest fear. They will start the surgery and something goes wrong or they find something wrong with my liver/kidneys. Glad it's going ok for you xx

Ok, here goes!

I had a band fitted in April 2009. I am 5ft 10, so a giantess compared to you, lol.

I did weigh 19 stone and ate way too much. I now weigh around 12 1/2 stone, so only half a stone less than you but perfect for my height.

My op went really well and from day one my portions shrunk. I lost most of my weight in the first six months and have been maintaining for quite some time.

I'm a moderator on this site so if you need any help with anything, you know who I am.

There you go, thats me. Good luck on your journey xx

Mazza congrats on your weight loss it sounds wonderful. So your banded about 4 years. And no complications! That's brilliant! Thanks for your information!

Back