• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2018 Surgeries

slimkim

I've put my deposit down and secured my date. Feb 14th 2018 for a gastric sleeve at Belgium Surgery Services with Dr Chris De Bruyne :D I'm excited and nervous for this major change but feel totally ready. I'm tired of the yo-yo weight loss/ regain.

Anyone else have a Feb 2018 date? What are you getting done?

@Carolineh I've started this thread up again so we can discuss our progress as Feb surgeries. I'm sure there are going to be a few others who will have surgery soon too. Hopefully we can help each other work through some of the difficult times and cheer each other on with the great times.

Hi ya, what a lovely idea! Well I’m home... had 3 nights in hospital as the pain was awful (sorry not going to lie). Has not been a nice few days for me but I’m alive and now back home.
Hope your ok and looking forward to it finally happening? Xxx

I'm so glad you are home now. Was the three nights prescheduled or did they have to keep you in extra? I have 2 nights scheduled in the hospital post surgery and hopefully thats enough.

What's the painful part? The gas or the incisions? I'm still very excited. I know there will be pain so going to just gear myself up for it. The days pass quickly enough.

Glad your home and on the losers bench, it’s funny how all hospital are different at Luton your scheduled for 1 night stay for by-pass, mind you that suits me fine. Good luck with your new life xxx

I was booked in for 3 nights as they said best to be safe than sorry. I stayed 3 as for some reason my pain was really bad. They took my drain out after 2nd day as they thought it was that causing it. Must admit once 6 inches of plastic was removed from stomach I did feel better.
I can’t eat anything more than a few mouthfulls of soup so I’m just trying to make sure I’m drinking all the time. As in hospital they kept me constantly on drip for fluid, now it’s down to me to keep water levels up.
Pain wise I’m ok ish now, still can’t pull myself up on my own. Stomach is v tender and v swollen. I’m sleeping ok but waking for pain med during the night.
Hopefully I can get food into me small and often which will make me feel better xxx

I'm so glad you are home now. Was the three nights prescheduled or did they have to keep you in extra? I have 2 nights scheduled in the hospital post surgery and hopefully thats enough.

What's the painful part? The gas or the incisions? I'm still very excited. I know there will be pain so going to just gear myself up for it. The days pass quickly enough.
I would say the gas is the most painful part. I’m burping and farting like a trooper!

im going in sunderland royal on the 19th feb my operation is booked for 20th feb got my pre-op on 12th feb ive been waiting over 3 year for a mini gastric bypass i have worries about being put sleep as ive never been put out

im going in sunderland royal on the 19th feb my operation is booked for 20th feb got my pre-op on 12th feb ive been waiting over 3 year for a mini gastric bypass i have worries about being put sleep as ive never been put out
You’ll be fine. I think it’s actually quite a nice feeling drifting off to sleep.
Then u wake up in a room with a nurse next to u looking after you.

Thanks for all the info @Carolineh I'm soon going to join you. 2 more sleeps and it'll all be over with!!!

You said you wake for pain meds. Are you able to swallow tablets?

Hi ya, omg your opp is so soon.. i bet u are so excited!
Yes I have been really suffering with the pain, they obviously give u some decent morphine/phentnoyl while in hospital which I had a push button for the first 24 hours post opp.. that was amazing!. Then they take it away and only gave me dissolvable paracetamol and diahydracodiene (sorry spelling is awful)... now I’m home I’m just on the dissolvable paracetamol but today I’ve not needed any xx

Oh that's great that you are pain free so quick. I am definitely excited still not scared so that's good.

Good luck for Wednesday slimkim, can’t wait to follow your updates xx

I'm having the sleeve. I'm sat on the Eurostar now heading to Brussels. I return on Sat. The surgery is tomorrow and then 2 nights in hospital and then one night in the hotel. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly.

Do you have stitches to remove? How's it giving yourself injections?

Last edited:
I'm having the sleeve. I'm sat on the Eurostar now heading to Brussels. I return on Sat. The surgery is tomorrow and then 2 nights in hospital and then one night in the hotel. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly.

Do you have stitches to remove? How's it giving yourself injections?
Yes got lots of stiches! I need to see nurse at doctors on Monday to have them removed. So 10 days after surgery.
I don't need to give myself and injections, they did all that in hospital.
I need regular blood tests apparently which GP will arrange XXX

Yes got lots of stiches! I need to see nurse at doctors on Monday to have them removed. So 10 days after surgery.
I don't need to give myself and injections, they did all that in hospital.
I need regular blood tests apparently which GP will arrange XXX
Oh no why have you got lots of stitches did they open you right up? Xx

I'm safely on the other side. I'm sleeved and sleepy. Just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. I went in at noon. Now it' 2.45pm and I'm in a shared room with the other English speaking lady. I'm so happy it's done

Back