• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

@oliviafrances 6 months today since our seminar , 6 months back then felt like a lifetime but it's gone quite quick don't you think ? So just seen Mr sedman "I'M ON THE WAITING LIST " I did ask how long it was he gave the usual "is normally 3-4 months " but because of the 2 months he's had off and the winter bed crisis it's however ling it takes to catch up he said realisticly it 'll probably be late summer early autumn

Great news you're on the waiting list!! but 3-4 months is such a disappointment! I was hoping for something much less than that :( I did receive a letter from Mr Pellen yesterday (they've put me on blood pressure tablets, apparently the anaesthetist wasn't happy) which is making me think they've swapped me over to him. I'll email Claire and see if she knows anything about it. Would you mind letting me know please what to expect at this appointment, are you weighed? Mine is on the 6th March :) Thanks! x

They told me that the waiting list was up to 6 months and I received a letter not even a month later, offering me a surgery date. That was with Mr Pellen. The wait might not be as long as you think! X

@oliviafrances yes your weighed I think they do this every time you've got an appointment... I just went in he said you were accepted at mdt we are happy to go ahead if you are when I asked about waiting list because I wanted to know if I needed holidays from this Years entitlement or next year's which starts in September he did say in his opinion it would be after Sept ... disappointing yes but at least I'm on the list.... he gave me the consent forms to read and sign at home to bring back at pre op appointment and that was it

They told me that the waiting list was up to 6 months and I received a letter not even a month later, offering me a surgery date. That was with Mr Pellen. The wait might not be as long as you think! X
Someone has said to me they were told 12-18 months and it was 8 that was this time last year so I think they give a bigger guess to cover themselves ... thats what I'm hoping x

@oliviafrances Have just spoken to Claire in regards to a cancellation list she says there isn't one if someone cancels or isn't fit for op then admissions will just contact the next person on the list until the slots filled x

@oliviafrances good luck for Tuesday x x someone on the owlss page has just got their date and have been on the waiting list 11 months but I don't know which surgeon that's with

Thanks, mr sedman wasn’t available today so I saw Claire the nurse instead. I’m on the waiting list, and the cancellation list so that’s good too. Got the consent forms etc x

@oliviafrances Thats great news .... well done ....She told me there wasn't a cancellation list when I asked her just that they would keep on phoning the next person on the list until someone filled the slot .... why do they keep telling us different stuff when we started at the same time I'm confused ..... did she give you any idea of how long the wait is ?

It’s not a cancellation list as such but they do ask if you are available at super short notice as if a surgery is cancelled for any reason, they will contact the people that are on the “short notice” list rather than those who have said they have work commitments and would need at least 4-6 weeks notice x

It’s not a cancellation list as such but they do ask if you are available at super short notice as if a surgery is cancelled for any reason, they will contact the people that are on the “short notice” list rather than those who have said they have work commitments and would need at least 4-6 weeks notice x
I wasn't asked how much notice I need to give but asked Claire if there was a cancellation list as I was available at short notice and had no other commitments her words were we don't do that if someone cancels or is not fit for op then admissions will just rung the next person on the list until they get to the next available person

I wasn't asked how much notice I need to give but asked Claire if there was a cancellation list as I was available at short notice and had no other commitments her words were we don't do that if someone cancels or is not fit for op then admissions will just rung the next person on the list until they get to the next available person

That’s strange. Maybe ring the waiting list telephone number and ask them? I was definitely asked if I was available at short notice and I said no due to work commitments. I then got my date through and it was for 4 weeks later.

That’s strange. Maybe ring the waiting list telephone number and ask them? I was definitely asked if I was available at short notice and I said no due to work commitments. I then got my date through and it was for 4 weeks later.
I don't have a number to call for the waiting list I've only got c9ntact info for dietitions and Claire the head bariatric nurse .. do you know how I'd find it out ?

I don't have a number to call for the waiting list I've only got c9ntact info for dietitions and Claire the head bariatric nurse .. do you know how I'd find it out ?

I had a look for my booklets for the number but I can’t find them sorry. Maybe call Claire and ask for the number? I’m sure she would have it.

@oliviafrances Thats great news .... well done ....She told me there wasn't a cancellation list when I asked her just that they would keep on phoning the next person on the list until someone filled the slot .... why do they keep telling us different stuff when we started at the same time I'm confused ..... did she give you any idea of how long the wait is ?
Yeah when I asked if there's a cancellation list she said yes there is, they go down the list in order and check who's available, on one of the forms there is a short notice box which she ticked for me :)

Yep this is what ive been put on :) Was this the same for you?x

Kate, when you finished your appointment, were you given a sheet of paper to take to a reception? I was and I took it to the outpatients reception desk in the waiting area but I don't know if this was the right place to take it to, I'm panicking now :')

Kate, when you finished your appointment, were you given a sheet of paper to take to a reception? I was and I took it to the outpatients reception desk in the waiting area but I don't know if this was the right place to take it to, I'm panicking now :')
No the only papers I was given were the consent forms and was just told to bring them back when I get my appointment through for pre op

No the only papers I was given were the consent forms and was just told to bring them back when I get my appointment through for pre op
Oh that's strange then, I'll try and find a number for the waiting list in a few days and make sure I was added x
Did they tell you when pre-op would be? Claire had no idea how long the waiting list currently was. Also got told that with my current hypertension my personal mortality risk is 1/100, which was sad to hear

Oh that's strange then, I'll try and find a number for the waiting list in a few days and make sure I was added x
Did they tell you when pre-op would be? Claire had no idea how long the waiting list currently was. Also got told that with my current hypertension my personal mortality risk is 1/100, which was sad to hear
Pre ops only last so many weeks so it's when you get closer to the top of the list i guess the wait can go up and down depending on emergencies and cancellations if he gets a good run of ops then the list could go down quite quick ... my mortality risk was higher due to my bmi too but mr sedman said he's never lost a patient during surgery the way I saw it was my risk was higher staying at the weight or getting bigger than I am now my weight 100% was going to kill me but they just have to tell you the risks

Back