• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

This is from the hey bariatric pathway leaflet @oliviafrances .... I've also emailed Claire about confirming I'm available for short notice

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180307-163854.jpg
    Screenshot_20180307-163854.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 12
Pre ops only last so many weeks so it's when you get closer to the top of the list i guess the wait can go up and down depending on emergencies and cancellations if he gets a good run of ops then the list could go down quite quick ... my mortality risk was higher due to my bmi too but mr sedman said he's never lost a patient during surgery the way I saw it was my risk was higher staying at the weight or getting bigger than I am now my weight 100% was going to kill me but they just have to tell you the risks
This is from the hey bariatric pathway leaflet @oliviafrances .... I've also emailed Claire about confirming I'm available for short notice
ah ok, thanks x

I'm not sure I'm taking from the answer she's given me they will just call down the list and ask me if I'm available for the date they have ... but I specifically asked if my notes show I'm available short notice and if not to have this added and that was her reply

I'm not sure I'm taking from the answer she's given me they will just call down the list and ask me if I'm available for the date they have ... but I specifically asked if my notes show I'm available short notice and if not to have this added and that was her reply
Ah it should be all sorted then! :D Just think, this is the last hurdle. Yes, it will take immense work and dedication after surgery, but this last part is nearly over and soon we'll be the people we've always wanted to be x

Ah it should be all sorted then! :D Just think, this is the last hurdle. Yes, it will take immense work and dedication after surgery, but this last part is nearly over and soon we'll be the people we've always wanted to be x
Exactly .... it's coming and this is the last year that I'll be like I am and if I'm honest ignoring the 3 years fighting I did to even get refered out weight hasnt been anywhere near as long as those that had to complete tier 3 first x .... this is going to be our year of lasts before all of our 1st 's start x

Exactly .... it's coming and this is the last year that I'll be like I am and if I'm honest ignoring the 3 years fighting I did to even get refered out weight hasnt been anywhere near as long as those that had to complete tier 3 first x .... this is going to be our year of lasts before all of our 1st 's start x
Exactly, I’m so excited for all the non scale victories too, like not shopping in plus size sections, saving money on food, waking up and feeling so much energy, like any other 22 year old should!

Exactly, I’m so excited for all the non scale victories too, like not shopping in plus size sections, saving money on food, waking up and feeling so much energy, like any other 22 year old should!
Your so lucky to still be so young I feel like sometimes i grieve for the life I could of had if I'd not of been overweight since I was 13 ... but then I'd never have what o have now so o should be grateful and now I'll still be able to do stuff with my little boy x

Your so lucky to still be so young I feel like sometimes i grieve for the life I could of had if I'd not of been overweight since I was 13 ... but then I'd never have what o have now so o should be grateful and now I'll still be able to do stuff with my little boy x
I've had a lot of pushback from people and health professionals wanting this surgery so young, I know my body and I know it's limits and so I can be 100% certain in that this is the best choice for me. However explaining that to people and making them see my way is very challenging sometimes haha. Read through and signed the consent form, I love that we have a choice in which procedure we have, it's unusually charitable for the NHS :p

I've had a lot of pushback from people and health professionals wanting this surgery so young, I know my body and I know it's limits and so I can be 100% certain in that this is the best choice for me. However explaining that to people and making them see my way is very challenging sometimes haha. Read through and signed the consent form, I love that we have a choice in which procedure we have, it's unusually charitable for the NHS :p
I would of loved to of had surgery at your age I was very lucky to get pregnant even when I was told I couldn't if I'd had to of waited to try after my op is of been over 40 before I could even think about a family ... where as now you 'll have to opportunity if you wish to be young and healthy enough to start a family at a younger age .... plus preventing any further weight related illnesses that could emerge in the next 10-15 years .... the 1st thing i did when I got home was my consent forms lol

@oliviafrances just a heads up official waiting list letter is on its way got mine just now ... it has the waiting list clerks phone number on , how are you doing with your weight loss I hit my 2 stone last week but have struggled again this week ... I see Sophie again in 2 weeks 1st time since September , do you have any more dietition appointments coming up ?

@oliviafrances just a heads up official waiting list letter is on its way got mine just now ... it has the waiting list clerks phone number on , how are you doing with your weight loss I hit my 2 stone last week but have struggled again this week ... I see Sophie again in 2 weeks 1st time since September , do you have any more dietition appointments coming up ?
ooh how exciting! I know we are already on the list but receiving the letter officially telling us is still so exciting haha. I'm doing ok thanks, it's still super hard and I always feel like i'm trying to keep my head above water. I see Beryl early June so a while yet, but I think it's just a check up to make sure we're still on track. That's great you hit 2 stone! My body is so weird, I can weigh myself first thing, then eat healthily, weigh myself at night and I can be 7lbs heavier. Then back to normal the next day, have you ever experienced this? I've heard of people gaining weight in the day due to water, but half a stone is so extreme :(

ooh how exciting! I know we are already on the list but receiving the letter officially telling us is still so exciting haha. I'm doing ok thanks, it's still super hard and I always feel like i'm trying to keep my head above water. I see Beryl early June so a while yet, but I think it's just a check up to make sure we're still on track. That's great you hit 2 stone! My body is so weird, I can weigh myself first thing, then eat healthily, weigh myself at night and I can be 7lbs heavier. Then back to normal the next day, have you ever experienced this? I've heard of people gaining weight in the day due to water, but half a stone is so extreme :(
Yes definatly I always use my weight from first thing but normally by bed time I'm about 5lb heavier it's normally fluid and food

My body is so weird, I can weigh myself first thing, then eat healthily, weigh myself at night and I can be 7lbs heavier. Then back to normal the next day, have you ever experienced this? I've heard of people gaining weight in the day due to water, but half a stone is so extreme :(

This happens to me @oliviafrances and just as extreme as yours. It really used to freak me out but I just make a point of avoiding weighing in an evening now.

You were 2 weeks after me tho weren't you I was 20th Feb and you were March 6th so id say your letters due good friday or after easter bank holiday , don't worry it 'll come x

You were 2 weeks after me tho weren't you I was 20th Feb and you were March 6th so id say your letters due good friday or after easter bank holiday , don't worry it 'll come x
Yeah good point, if it's not here next Tuesday I'll ring and double check everything is a-ok :) they're gonna hate me by the time my surgery comes around haha but I've heard so so many stories of people being forgotten or booted off the waiting list by accident so it's worth a check x

Yeah good point, if it's not here next Tuesday I'll ring and double check everything is a-ok :) they're gonna hate me by the time my surgery comes around haha but I've heard so so many stories of people being forgotten or booted off the waiting list by accident so it's worth a check x
Any sign of your letter ? Saw beryl today I've lost 2st 1.5lbs in total she's very happy with that overall it's 14% percent of my excess weight ...im very happy with that we discussed target weight and that was about it for today x hope your doing well

Any sign of your letter ? Saw beryl today I've lost 2st 1.5lbs in total she's very happy with that overall it's 14% percent of my excess weight ...im very happy with that we discussed target weight and that was about it for today x hope your doing well
Nope, nothing :( Oo that's fab well done you! I don't see Beryl until June, my blood pressure meds have been upped today so hopefully that brings it down a bit. The nurses are all a bit confused as to why the anaesthetist isn't happy with my BP but hey ho, I wanna keep him/her happy :p

Back