• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie....surgery fast approaching!

Hollyem

Hi everyone, so glad to have found this site :)
Having a band fitted on 28/11/12 and starting to feel nervous! Got my pre op on weds (same day as starting liver reduction diet) Any tips on what to expect at pre op? And how hard is the liver reduction?!
Be good to get to know you all :)
Holly xx

Hello I'm Chris and I had a bypass, I am not sure if the liver reduction diet is the same if it is its not too bad but hospitals have there own they like you to follow, the preop isnt too bad take your weight, swabs for Mrsa, blood sample, blood pressure, go over your details, run through the op details some people have an ecg- heart trace done. Hope that ssame for a bander if not sorry good luck with it all xx

Thanks Chris..I've been given low fat soup and yog diet to follow for 2 weeks. Pre op doesn't sound too bad! Feels so real now, been waiting for such a long time. Looks like you have done really well!

Hey Holly and welcome to the site. You will get tons of support and advice here. Pre op should be something like a talk through what is going to happen, having some bloods taken and talk about what to expect post op, including post op diet. Nothing to worry about. Not sure which liver reduction diet you are doing, everyone is different but it's not the easiest thing you will ever do but at the same time far from the hardest. Just keep focused on the goal - shrinking your liver so you can get your surgery and that will keep you going through the first couple of days and after that it gets much easier as ketosis kicks in and you stop feeling hungry and get some energy. Best of luck for your op, not long now! keep us updated :) x

Thanks Shelleymarie, just been looking around this site, wish I'd found it sooner! You can talk to family and close friends, but none of them REALLY understand I have found.. They are supportive, but as its op is approaching I'm finding its ALL I can think about and talk about and I feel like a broken record! X

I think everyone is the same, I still talk about it far too much and I know I bore some people but not here, it's a life saver really. You might want to see if there is a local support group to you too as that can help. Often most successful people are those who have the most support and it doesn't have to always be from loved ones. But yes you can talk to your heart out here and there will always be someone listening. You should make some friends too :) x

Hi and welcome. What you said about sounding like a broken record sounds familiar... I'm the same, and my surgery isn't fast approaching yet like yours. Wishing you good luck with everything.

hello and welcome!
I'm a fellow bander and a happy one! Best thing I ever did. Im sure you have no need to be nervous, but if I can answer any of your questions, please feel free to ask away!
Good luck on your journey!
Lilypersian
xx

hi and welcome xxx

Back