• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Surgery hopefully this summer

angilu

Hi my name is Angela and I just finished my 6 months with a dietician which was a requirement for my HMO insurance. My consult with the doctor isnt until June 2nd. A little bummed I still need to wait.:cry:
Can anyone who has had surgery give me any tips on what I should be doing right now. I am scared to fail I need to stop my bad habits I realize this is just a tool. Any suggestions??

:welcome2:Hi Angela and a big Welcome to the forum.

Not too sure that I can answer your questions; but quite often when preparing for weight loss surgery doctors want to make sure that you can make some effort to lose some weight yourself, maybe up to 14lbs (not sure if you are uk based or U.S).

I guess they want to know that you are commited so when you have surgery; you have already got into the right frame of mind, and have already shown some commitment. Most people before surgery have a number of weeks on a low calorie or milk diet to help shrink the liver ready for surgery; which will make it much smaller and healthier and put you at less risk. The pre-op diet usually lasts 2 to 4 weeks, but your health provider should let you know what it entails.

Someone will be a long and may be able to answer your questions more extensively. But have a look under the green headings above and find out what information you can. You will make lots of new friends on here, we are a great bunch and like to welcome new members to join us.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey x

Love Kat x

Back