• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new, scared/excited at prospect of surgery

Hi sharon,
well i made it to Tesco!!! pretty proud of myself and feeling ok too. i am day 5 post op now so i dont think that is too bad considering.
i have stocked up on fresh soup (which i can blitz in the blender) and slimfast. i have another week until i go back to see the dietician
i cant wait to have my staples out on friday as they are starting to itch.
how are you going on your pre op diet?
Julie

Hello and welcome to a lovely community ! i have recieved sooooooooo much advice and support from the members here , this is my homepage now , and i am almost addicted to peoples journeys ,and reading all the good and bad experiences , if i had not found this site , i would be clueless ... and i thought i was quite well read - doh !

anyway , sorry to waffle ...

welcome xxx

Thanks Claire and Star.:character00238:xxx
Julie I weigh-in tomorrow, last NORMAL 'pub meal' then too:eat:. My sis, myself & a mate have a pub lunch every Thursday or Friday, often with wine, lol! None of that this week I'm having chilli sans rice/nachos & tomato juice or fizzy water. I've been making smoothies, having Rachel's organic yoghurt (with gooseberries is my fave) & having the odd boiled egg, bit of cheese or VERY small omlette with red peppers & spinach. I've done low carb so often that it's second nature now, just wish I didn't get bored, otherwise I wouldn't be 'here' forking out £6k, lol.:rotflmao: I'm hoping for 5+lbs off tomorrow but after Saturday I will cut the cheese out as I know it's high fat (but low carb). How are you feeling now? I'm hoping I get (think they told me - THG - ) dissolving stitches, wonder why all the places do different stuff?
I've made my will today,:bolt::fear: with hubby, a bit of a downer but essential; I have a grown-up (if you can call him that!) son from my first marriage, he was & still is a nightmare, drugs, fighting....yet we live in a nice area & he had all the love & attention (& I'm quite strict too) he could want; I don't want him claiming I pomised him £thousands if I die. I'm writing my list of what to take into hospital, bought most of the vitamins, meds ready (melting/chewable natch) now I'm literally 'waiting' oh yeah, & cacking myself just a little bit!:sick0019:
xxxxx sharon

hi sharon,
you only have a few days to go. during those last few days, though outwardly appearing calm, i had some very mixed emotions going on.
i too only had to do a low carb diet pre op, i did cheat and still managed to love over a stone and the consultant was happy with my liver on the day. (he gave me a photo of my insides!)
enjoy making the most of your last few days of eating, i am desperate to chew something right now. i am also craving savoury (mostly having slimfast).
i am going to a party/bbq tonight which should be interesting (sober and hungry!)
going to get my staples out in a minute. they are soooo itchy and i am convinced they will hurt coming out.
have a good day,
Julie xx

Oooh Julie I hope they don't hurt when they're taken out, I'll cross my fingers! A bbq hmmm... not really likely to be any soup then! lol If I were you I'd offer to wash pots, take plates out etc or just 'mingle' to take your mind off it. Does everyone know what you had done? If they don't I'd say you've had a tummy bug and are sticking to water/juice to be on the safe side. I hope you have a great time, just think about next Summer when you're in shorts or a lovely swirly dress (several sizes smaller!) xxxxx
I weighed in today, 6, yes 6 whole pounds down, hubby says why have it done if you can lose weight so easily! EASILY! DOH!!! Yes quite tricky for a week but I'd need to be on it for 6 months, even at 6lbs a week! Grrr, I could kill him!
It's my boys' sports day so I'd better finish my milky coffee & get going.
xxxx sharon

Hi Sharon and Julie,

Yes, I know what that feels like... I lost a stone o. Pre-op and was annoyed at myself for not being able to do it without the surgery. My Mum said, "why don't u cancel it and just diet!!".

I had a hip replacement (aged 42!!) and when they took the stables out it didn't hurt just kind of tickled!

I feel so much better even only having lost about a stone and 9 lbs... I think I will be skipping and jumping around soon! So much positive mental energy going on, I'm almost waiting for the crash!

Keep up the good work girls and it will all become second nature soon...(I'm nearly 4 weeks post band).....looking forward to crunchy foods from Sunday...woop woop!

Luv Sally xx

Moulin, CRUNCHY foods, don't swear at me! lol What are you planning to have? I know bread can be a problem for a lot of people. Let me know how it goes.
Off to take youngest for a psych meeting, then my last pub lunch, sans beer & carbs.
xxxx sharon

Hi Sharon, Hi Sally

well i dont know what i was worrying about the staples for, it didnt hurt at all. now have steri strips in place for a week.
sally, how dare you mention crunchy food. i would kill for a hotdog at this bbq later!!!! oh how i miss chewing!!! lol
Sharon, enjoy your pub lunch.....your next one will be a good few weeks away. last night i sat mentally going through my local pubs menu trying to decide if they have anything suitable for the mush stage.....lol.
i lost over a stone on my pre op diet which i was really pleased with, but i just know i cant do it long term on my own. i was originally booked to have my band last november but cancelled it half way through my pre op diet convincing myself i could do it on my own. i lasted about a month!!!!!
i then had hypnoband........didnt work!!!!!!!
so here i am several thousand poorer, one and a half stone lighter and feeling positive.
xxxxxxx

Julie... A hypno band! I was looking at that and judging by all the blurb on the Internet, I almost went for it! I had a couple of hypnosis sessions with a friend instead but like everything else... It didn't work instantly!

Yeah... CRUNCHY food guys....woop woop! Spoke to dietitian on Thursday and she said I can have Special K, Shreaded Wheat, Jacket Pots with skin, pasta bake, Cous cous, stir fry veg, fruit and salads!

So lots more variety than the last 6 weeks! Although I've just had Special K and the grumbling that's going on inside is quite impressive!!!

Anyone wanting to check calories etc should look at MyFitnessPal.com feel free to look me up and add me (moulin85)! The dietitian did say not to worry abt calories at this stage but it's interesting to get into it.

Also for help with the scars check out Bio Oil... Available in most good chemists, it really helps stop the itching and reduces scarring.

Catch ya later girls.... Luv Sal xx

We took our two boys to West Midlands Safari park yesterday (our twelth wedding anniversary) I ended up having two VERY small patrami rolls as well as my yoghurt and chopped celery. Back on the straight & (not-so-)narrow today, lol! I will weigh tomorrow, hoping it hasn't caused a gain, today I'm drinking sf cordial like crazy to flush the carbs out. Hope it hasn't done any damage to my pre-op diet.
xxx sharon

im sure you will be fine. i had several cheats during my pre op, including an indian (oops), and my surgeon was very pleased with my liver. he even gave me a photo!!
you only have a couple of days now, are you prepared? how are you feeling?
i am 10 days out now and feeling fine.
i have bought my bio oil for my scars as sally recommended as my dressing can come off in a couple of days....they are itching like mad.
Julie xxxxx

Thanks Julie, just got a call saying they are fetching me between 6.30-7 AM on Thursday,:eek: OMG I'm not even human before 8am, lol! I've been super good, drank 7 pints of sf codial yesterday, walked 3 miles today (live in a VERY hilly area) and I'm planning to clean the bathroom later after re-planting my garden! Gotta get everything done before the op! It's very reassuring to see you & others are ok a couple of days post-op as I'm sure hubby will forget to cook for our boys & be too busy ironing or something!:doh: (he's booked Thursday & Friday off work).
xxxxx sharon:553:

thats early!! hope you have your bag packed and are as ready as you can be. wishing you heaps of luck. let us know how you get on xxxx

Well last day... my sis is cleaning my windows & I'm washing my new nighties, I only had one; from when I had my boys; they are cute leoprad-print camis,:D in cotton. I'm just about to clean the bathroom (garden took longer than I thought) and do final packing. I'm really hungry, after tomorrow I should not feel this hungry again, hopefully; it's rumbling and gurgling and growling!:dragon: lol
Thanks for the good lucks and wishes.
xxxx sharon:)

ps I've lost 10lbs in TEN DAYS!!!:talk017:

make the most of today, you wont feel up to doing much for a few days. wishing you heaps of luck for tomorrow.
i have just been to my follow up appt with the dietician and she was really pleased. i can start on some puree from today. total weight loss is 20lb.
xxxxx

make the most of today, you wont feel up to doing much for a few days. wishing you heaps of luck for tomorrow.
i have just been to my follow up appt with the dietician and she was really pleased. i can start on some puree from today. total weight loss is 20lb.
xxxxx

Hi julie

pleased your appt went well for you glad to hear your getting on well, getting nervous now about my op and feeling so hungry all the time, did you have your op done locally??

Back