• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new, scared/excited at prospect of surgery

Hi julie

pleased your appt went well for you glad to hear your getting on well, getting nervous now about my op and feeling so hungry all the time, did you have your op done locally??
Hi Jane,
yes i had my op at my local spire hospital. it was more expensive than elsewhere but it will make things easy for follow up appointments.
you only have a few days to go. keep at the diet it is a great kick start to the weight loss.
julie xxx

Hi Jane,
yes i had my op at my local spire hospital. it was more expensive than elsewhere but it will make things easy for follow up appointments.
you only have a few days to go. keep at the diet it is a great kick start to the weight loss.
julie xxx

Thanks julie, i was reading some post on here earlier and noticed your from southend im only down the road on canvey small world !!

thats very local. my husband comes from canvey!
maybe in the future we could meet up....it would be nice to have some local support.
keep in touch xx

thats very local. my husband comes from canvey!
maybe in the future we could meet up....it would be nice to have some local support.
keep in touch xx

That would be great to stay in touch and yeah meeting up sounds good too!! How funny being only round the corner you can also find me on FB if you wish x

I'm in my room got up at 5.45am picked up at 6.30 now waiting for op which is at 4-5 I'm very bored! Room is nice all staffvare mice too. See you all on the other side.
Xxxx sharon

Apologies for my other post it was sent via my iphone, lol. I'm home, got woken up before 6am!! Given coffee & smooth yoghurt then driver came to take me home, I arrived about 8.20 am, just in time to see my boys before school.
I'm in quite a bit of pain from the gas, been taking windeze and nurofen melts. I walked down our garden with hubby & our dog but it keeps raining so UI'm stuck walking around the house. I had a nap at 10 am & got up at 2pm but I'm still tired! Did anyone else feel like this?
xxxx sharon

Hey Sharon,

Glad you are back home now. It will be uncomfortable for a week or so! Did you have a band or a bypass?

Just take your time with things, don't rush to do stuff cos you need to allow your body time to heal.

Not sure if I have mentioned it already but Bio Oil is great to help the scars heal and stop itching.

I had pain in my sides and wasn't sure what it was.... Eventually I realised that it was hunger! Look out for that one!

I also had a fleeting feeling of anger when the hunger came back and I couldn't eat... But you get used to it and then when you see the results.....it's GREAT!!

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Luv Sally x

hi sharon,
glad to hear you are home.
you will feel completely knackered for a couple of days and the pain will lessen over a few days. i took paracetamol and voltarol for the first couple of days, after that i was ok without painkillers.
take it easy and get plenty of rest, and remember to drink as much as you can.
Julie x

:welcome:Hi Sharon, I havent had my surgery yet (12 July) so Im verrrryyyyy excited, scared, emotional, and a plethera of other emotions I didnt know existed. I wish Id made this decision 10 years ago but I wasnt in the right frame of mind at the time - no one I knew had it done and it would have felt very drastic - now I cant believe the amount of people who get it done. Good luck and welcome to the formum. xxx
by now you probably all ready for the operation. wishing you good luck and a rapid recovery. :)

I lost 5lbs this week, my first 'post-op' weigh-in! woohoo!!!BTW can someone tell me how to put that POST OP banner next to my avatar please?
xxx sharon

Well dun ur doing great :D

Back