• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - surgery tomorrow....eeeeek!

Having surgery in Chicester. Quite a long distance from home...but they have been great so far. Thanks for all your comments. I will let you know how I get on. X

Hi..good luck...I had my surgery in Chichester on 26 march...4 weeks ago...brilliant hospital, private ward for bariatric surgery lively nurses..tip if they off the pain killer suppositries take them for a couple seconds embsrassment..the anextic pain will go ...dint be embarrassed, they insert them all the time!

Hi..good luck...I had my surgery in Chichester on 26 march...4 weeks ago...brilliant hospital, private ward for bariatric surgery lively nurses..tip if they off the pain killer suppositries take them for a couple seconds embsrassment..the anextic pain will go ...dint be embarrassed, they insert them all the time!

Wish I'd been offered that instead of the epidural pain relief which caused me no end of grief!

A finger up the bum versus not peeing for 28 hours?

I'll take the finger.

the suppositories are great

Hi everyone. I had my surgery on Monday. All went very well and I havnt had any problems. Am glad I made up a load of purees before I went in. I am finding it a bit of a culture shock eating so regularly!

Hello Pauline

Good luck for the op, I am also under Chichester, though on the waiting list a present.
Please keep us posted on your progress, its so helpful to hear your story

Take care
kate x

Hiya Kate.
I was so impressed with Chichester. They were great. Feeling suprisingly good. Hope you dont wait too long! X

Hi everyone. I had my surgery on Monday. All went very well and I havnt had any problems. Am glad I made up a load of purees before I went in. I am finding it a bit of a culture shock eating so regularly!

Hi Pauline! Glad to hear you're well. Have you been discharged? No issues with wind pain, constipation or diarrhoea or anything else 'fun' like that? If not, good for you!! Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery, welcome to the post-op bypass club! x

Hiya Dave. Pain has been manageable....and wind was not as bad as I was expecting. Jumped in early with medication to avoid constipation. My only struggle is keeping up with meals snacks and adjusting my fluids. Can see that it would be quite easy to get dehydrated. So I'm pretty much sticking to a timetable. I'm sure it will become more natural as I get more used to it. How are you feeling now? X

Hiya Dave. Pain has been manageable....and wind was not as bad as I was expecting. Jumped in early with medication to avoid constipation. My only struggle is keeping up with meals snacks and adjusting my fluids. Can see that it would be quite easy to get dehydrated. So I'm pretty much sticking to a timetable. I'm sure it will become more natural as I get more used to it. How are you feeling now? X

Hiya Pauline,

I'm good - much better now, thanks. I've been pain-free for two days, so that's a good thing. I *may* have over-exerted myself today by laying some concrete, but I'll consider that to be exercise!

I don't think I'm taking in enough fluids either - I was advised at least 1.5L per day. Do you measure your drinks? I measure everything at 200ml.

The timetable is important - it gives us structure. Look at it this way - if we'd had that structure before surgery, we'd most likely not have needed the surgery in the first place!

Wishing you all the very best. x

Glad all went well hunni :) welcome to the losers bench .....trust me the eating, drink schedule will get easier before long :) to begin with it feels like your living by the clock eat now............ don't drink...........take this med but not with food LOL sip sip sip chew chew chew OMG for me it was a headache ............ i'm now 12 weeks post op with a band and drinking is completely back to normal so getting in 2lt is no problem at all ) gl and wd x x x

Back