• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie soon to be bandit !

Baileyamber

Hello everyone,

After weeks of lurking and reading about your journeys I thought I would introduce myself as I can see me being a regular name on here :D

Im Danielle, 28 years old and 17.7 stone :ashamed0005:
After yo yo dieting for half my life I have decided to take the plunge and get a gastric band!!! I have been looking into this for years and afer being refused on the NHS have opted for private (at the expense of my wondereful supportive yet soon to be skint dad)

I'm very lucky to have a loving boyfriend, fantastic family, great friends and a decent job but my weight issues are coninuing to make me miserable and hold me back in life sooooo much

After recommedations and research I have decided to have my band with the Hospital Group, I recently had my first consultation which went well and I will be ringing up to book my date tomorrow! whoop!
Will keep you all updated on my journey and would love to hear from anyone with a similar story.

Well done to everyone who has had successful weight losses - your an ispiration and I cant wait to join you on the 'other side'

Ta ta for now ;)

Thank you Jaybo and congrats on your approved referral! Sounds like youve been through the mill trying to get it sorted, good luck!

Welcome Danielle I'm 2 days post band, like you I'm also 28 years old and I had my surgery done with THG at Dolan park, wishing you all the best on your journey x

Hi Danielle and welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading about your weight loss journey in the months to come :) I also considered a band at The Hospital Group as a plan B (Mr Sigurdsson, Dolan Park) x

Welcome Danielle :)

Im a bander and had mine fitted 5 months ago after 30 years of battling with my weight. Turning 40 was the catalyst in the end after a holiday which also made me realise I had to do something that I'd been thinking about for 7 years - I went private after approaching my dr and them laughing at me!

Its been the best thing I've done. The band isn't an easy option, it takes a lot of self control and positive choices, but I love the way its made me take back control of dreadful eating habits - I've since lost approaching 6 1/2 stone in my 5 months and although i've got a long way to go, it is a wonderful tool :)

hi Danielle I'm not a bander but wanted to wish you good luck :) and you have some brilliant support and they will keep you going when things get tough, take care and there's loads of benders on here who will answer any queries as they've been there done that xx

Hi Danielle! I'm 28 too and had my surgery with THG in October. My surgeon was Mr Super. I have just reached 3 stone loss and currently weigh 17st 8lbs so started off bigger than you. So far I am really pleased and haven't had any problems (apart from a little gain at xmas induced by lots of wine, cheese and chocolate!). I've had 3 fills so far and am due another one next week... Wishing you all the best on your path, this is a very exciting bit right at the beginning!!

Hi Danielle.
I got banded at Dolan Park with THG last July. Despite having had a few problems with getting over filled I am loving my band. I joined my first slimming club at 17 and think I have been to every slimming club there is including losing 5 stone on Lighter Life, only to put 4 stone of it back on as soon as I started eating again. I finally feel like I am in control and can eat real food just in smaller portions.
Good Luck with yout weight loss journey.
Crazy Lady

Hi and welcome :)

Not a bander but just wanted to say Hi and a big welcome to you Baileyamber. Also to wish you all the best for your WLS journey :)

Welcome Danielle I'm 2 days post band, like you I'm also 28 years old and I had my surgery done with THG at Dolan park, wishing you all the best on your journey x

Thank you and congratulations on your band! I can't wait to be where you are now, just want the op over with haha, how did you find Dolan park and who was your consultant ?

Hi Danielle and welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading about your weight loss journey in the months to come :) I also considered a band at The Hospital Group as a plan B (Mr Sigurdsson, Dolan Park) x

Hi and thanks for the reply,I'm looking forward to sharing my journey though I can't imagine actually loosing loads of weight like the other members on here, I suppose that's just my mind set at the moment but I can't wait to work with my band to have the lifestyle I really want x

Welcome Danielle :)

Im a bander and had mine fitted 5 months ago after 30 years of battling with my weight. Turning 40 was the catalyst in the end after a holiday which also made me realise I had to do something that I'd been thinking about for 7 years - I went private after approaching my dr and them laughing at me!

Its been the best thing I've done. The band isn't an easy option, it takes a lot of self control and positive choices, but I love the way its made me take back control of dreadful eating habits - I've since lost approaching 6 1/2 stone in my 5 months and although i've got a long way to go, it is a wonderful tool :)

Wow you have done fantastic!! You must feel like a different person, with my biggest problem being large portions and over eating, I feel the band will be the best option for me and I can't wait to begin my journey x

Hi Danielle! I'm 28 too and had my surgery with THG in October. My surgeon was Mr Super. I have just reached 3 stone loss and currently weigh 17st 8lbs so started off bigger than you. So far I am really pleased and haven't had any problems (apart from a little gain at xmas induced by lots of wine, cheese and chocolate!). I've had 3 fills so far and am due another one next week... Wishing you all the best on your path, this is a very exciting bit right at the beginning!!

Hi there!
You have done really well so far! I too am hoping to have Mr Super and will know tomorrow when I book my date, how did you find him? I've heard he's quite abrupt but also a very very good surgeon so that's the main thing.
And who can blame you for gaining a little at Xmas, I too would be on the wine and chocs lol x

Hi Danielle.
I got banded at Dolan Park with THG last July. Despite having had a few problems with getting over filled I am loving my band. I joined my first slimming club at 17 and think I have been to every slimming club there is including losing 5 stone on Lighter Life, only to put 4 stone of it back on as soon as I started eating again. I finally feel like I am in control and can eat real food just in smaller portions.
Good Luck with yout weight loss journey.
Crazy Lady

HI and thankyou!
I Also lost a few stone on lighter life but was soooooo miserable and felt I had no life! I also put my weight back on (and more) which Is why I've got to the stage of thinking ENOUGH! I can't wait to be in control again like yourself,
Well done on your weight loss your doing great :) x

My surgeon was Mr Richardson, Dolan park was lovely both the day staff and the night staff were amazing, although don't expect to get much sleep. I was in room 31 on the top floor right by the nurses station. Nurses very attentive and willing to help. Your visitors are also well looked after and food can be ordered and brought to your room for a reasonable price.
Your op will soon come x

Back