• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

Hi Suzie,
I've booked my op for May 31st. I'm also keeping a close eye on Mandy-she's so positive and I really wish her well. I'm glad the info was useful. I always go OTT and find out as much as poss if I'm doing something! lol
Are you on msn/email? What's your address? Then we could have a proper natter...

Wow Sara thats a great insight and extremely useful, thanks very much for that!

And Susie, welcome to Mimimims. xx

no i dont have an op date just at the beginning, first vivit with surgeon may 14th.
thanks for welcome nic!!!
susie

wow sara wot alot of info lol and id just like to say thanx 4 nicking my smileys lol on msn, susie if we can be of any help at all just ask ok xxx take care lv georgina xxx

hi again susie the cuts on a keyhole bypass r small, u dont notice them much once they r healed so dont worry about it ok lv georgina xxx

wow looked at gastric bypass surgeries on u-tube omg
they were nasty . women crying in pain etc. no food, could hardly
turn left or roght and no sex for months!!!! is this the other side of the coin??
bright side , its a lovely sunday am gonna spend the day out. wishing you all a lovely day.
susie

wow - just read all of your wonderful info from your dietician - really informative. Thanks!!

I am just waiting to see my gp to try and get a consultation to see if i can have bypass done privately - bit concerned i won't get it as my BMI is "only" just over 40 so will have to wait and see.

Will be watching everyone's posts as you all progress on your exciting but a wee bit scary journeys:p

well the first lap down he says it looks like a "YES" I now have to do bloods, ecg and ultra sound of the stomach june 2nd. then june 26th to the dietician. we have to see if i can go on liquid diet to loose 10k before surgery as i am diabetic.
i feel soooooooooooooooo happy!!!!1
although it may be 3 months before surgery. you also have to see a physhologist to get your mind ready huh.
tomorrow is mandys day!!!

is sleeved gastroectomy less succesful then the full gastric bypass?? anyone have the sleeved done? doing well??
thanks susie

ooooh, how exciting though - it all helps for a step in the right direction!!

Can I ask if you are going private or NHS please? 3 months seems like a long time - I have no referral done yet (I am going private) and was hoping to have the op done in the school summer break...

thanks for letting me know. good luck x

good morning everyone, hows everyone doing? any news? nic318 did you tell me you had an op date?? are you on the pre op diet? can you tell me hows it going?
thanks susie

Back