• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

hi just to say best of luck, I had my bypass two weeks ago by key hole surgery, and up to press I have been very lucky, no sickness or dumping syndrome. Up to press I have lost two stones but I was not one of the bigger patients in hospital and I know that they have lost lots more than me. In answer to the other post the pre op diet differs with surgeons, mine put me on a yoghurt and milk diet, where as a friend of mine was put on jelly and soup, as for eating afterwards thats also down to the surgeon, mine only wanted me to have liqueds for first two weeks, and as I have said I have suffered no sickness, just now gone onto food and things seem to be going well! In fact I had to call up my nurse and actually ask her if he would have done the operation properly because I was not having any problems! Hope this helps a little xx

hi cally, thanks for the info. wow congratulations thats great 2 stones in just two weeks. are you moving about ok? yes i see that alot of people are on milk and i dont much care for milk and yogurt. i have to loose 25 lbs. before surgery any ideas?? anyone??
thanks susie

hi again the cuts for keyhole surgery are very small in time they fade so u dont notice them good luck xxx

hi again mandy didnt have complications shes doing ok shes had a bit of sickness but coming along fine xxx

hi cally, thanks for the info. wow congratulations thats great 2 stones in just two weeks. are you moving about ok? yes i see that alot of people are on milk and i dont much care for milk and yogurt. i have to loose 25 lbs. before surgery any ideas?? anyone??
thanks susie

Hiya suzie, sorry about the late reply!! Just to let you know that Im moving around fine, have been away on my hols with the kids and was forced into the swimming pool every day by them lol!!! Well its been five and a half weeks and Im feeling fantastic loads of energy and no pain!! As for the pre op diet, I went with private weight loss surgery and they gave me a diet sheet where you could have food to eat on it, it was high protein very low carbs and low fat and no suger, however my surgeon gave me a diet sheet and said I want you to stick to this one (milk and yoghurt) there was a diet sheet for diabetics that did have food on it for them to follow and Im pretty certain they will put you on that even though you are with another surgeon. This should help you shed loads of weight. Have you heard anything more about dates?? Keep us informed!! xxxx

well one BAD thing about going through nhs you have to wait so long. i had my dietician appointment for three months noe june 26th and they called today and cancelled in me : (
this is taking soooooo long!!!
susie

sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get another appointment soon! I'm having my surgery on the 16th July and it has taken me 18months to get there through the NHS.

Hi susie i went for my referal in the august another gp out me forward for it in the november and i had my appointment in the march and op on 15 may.... just be patient

I think susie posted on another thread that she was going on the 24th instead.

yes i didnt want to wait another month so they gave me the 24th.
thanks susie

fingers crossed for tuesday for you then x

yep, good luck for tuesday! let us know how it goes :D

thanks everyone, its just a dietician appointment but one step closer huh. friday i go for ecg and to make sure i have no blood clots in mt body ultra sound.
thanks for well wishes susie

thanks everyone, its just a dietician appointment but one step closer huh. friday i go for ecg and to make sure i have no blood clots in mt body ultra sound.
thanks for well wishes susie

dont think of it as 'just' a dietician appointment, think of it as another step forward on an exciting journey!!
good luck x

Back