• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie susie starting out.... help

thanks alli, well the dietician asked what i eat etc. chinese (yum yum) she said i could cjoose between two pre opt diets to be done two weeks before surgery. i am having the LSG which is the sleeve surgery. this one is less ivasive and about 80 percent gauranteed where gastric is 100 percent but since i am dieabetic this is a safer way for me and is gonna take alittle more will power. you still have all the fun stuff like dumping and trial and error eating for a long time.
shelbell are you on your pre opt diet?? they told me its gonna be nilk and yogurt or weight watchers soups only.
thanks susie

i start mine on the 2nd Susie, so another week left yet :) Claire and Livvy are on theirs at the moment, if that helps?

thanks shel amd clair. i think its gpnna be soup for me as i am not a yogurt fan and milk makes me blotted and gassy. which diet are you gonna go on shelbell??
thanks again susie

well one BAD thing about going through nhs you have to wait so long. i had my dietician appointment for three months noe june 26th and they called today and cancelled in me : (
this is taking soooooo long!!!
susie

Oh no what a nightmare, sorry to hear than hun - the waiting is very frustrating! Hang in there!

Have they givne you a new date or said when its likely to be?

Nic xx

Hi Susie

You'll get there hun, just hang in there it will be worth it in the end xxx

thanks shel amd clair. i think its gpnna be soup for me as i am not a yogurt fan and milk makes me blotted and gassy. which diet are you gonna go on shelbell??
thanks again susie

bovril and jelly :p

thanks alli, well the dietician asked what i eat etc. chinese (yum yum) she said i could cjoose between two pre opt diets to be done two weeks before surgery. i am having the LSG which is the sleeve surgery. this one is less ivasive and about 80 percent gauranteed where gastric is 100 percent but since i am dieabetic this is a safer way for me and is gonna take alittle more will power. you still have all the fun stuff like dumping and trial and error eating for a long time.
shelbell are you on your pre opt diet?? they told me its gonna be nilk and yogurt or weight watchers soups only.
thanks susie

Hi Newbie

It isnt just dietician appointment, means you are getting somewhere, even a little bit closer!!!!!!!!!

Hope all goes well on Friday with ecg and ultra sound.......:)

hi Susie,

doing ok, 4lb down after 2 days I think, but waiting for a few more days before updating ticker. day 3 today going well.

Shel

nic and shel, how are both of you doing on pre-op diet?? how much have you lost so far??
susie

Hi Susie

I don't know hun not even thinking about it till I go to the hospital next Friday, how disciplined eh lol

It's going ok ta, on Day 5 now (as I started two days earlier, as Shell said Glutton for punishment), was really tired yesterday but I'm ok today

How's you? xx

talked to my GP last night, if i dont hear for phychiatric appointment in a few weeks, he is gonna try to hurry them up so i can receive my op without the long wait,
susie

great news susie, hope you dont have to wait too much longer before you hear something to start you on your journey xx

how are you today ali? what are u eating?
susie

Hi Susie,
Fine today thanks, no need for painkillers and just managed a shower and hairwash - feel quite pleased with myself for three days post-op!! Still on fluids only, but it is getting easier to drink as each day passes, just enjoying a milky coffee xx

Back