• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie!

Awaiting to hear back from the MD team to see whether I get put forward for the operation. I've been going to the hospital and weight management team for just under a year now my first appointment was number 2014. I've done everything I can think of to lose weight and it seems to be the only option now. I really hope that the team see that this is what I need to move forward in life. Will be posting regular updates once I know what's going on but hello from me for now... B x

Hi B :) Good luck. I hope you hear from your MD team soon.
Where are you from? Are you having your surgery on the NHS?

Good luck, welcome to the community.

Hi, yes having it with NHS. Was tempted to have it done abroad, and was quite cheap too, but having the insurance and safety of NHS is good especially for the mind lol. Im from wolverhampton but have been seeing the tean of Dr Labib in Dudleys russells hall. All have been very helpful with my struggles. I have a week before i go back and i think the team meet up at the end of next week for my profiling. Very excited to get the ball rolling. Does any one vlog? Would be good to watch progress vids. Im thinking of doing this when it all becomes real

Feeling so fat and horrible today. Really hope i get sorted soon. Just want a date and for everything to be a done deal. Hate waiting.

Hello and don't despair - you're on the right path :) good luck on your weight loss journey x

!!!! The MDT meet tomorrow to decide fate and it looks REALLY promising... Eek! I have my ECO and ultrasound next week though, so getting a date for op will be delayed but my doctor today said all in all, we're looking at a timeline of THREE MONTHS!!!!

Only negative is that because i'm so large, I may need a balloon placed to aid some of the initial weight loss which will be scary, and a longer process but this isnt definite and well, whatever needs to be done to change my life!

Anyone else in similar situation?

Back