• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS funding

Thanks yes six months is no time to wait now. Gosh BMI of 60 some PCT's make it very difficult.

yes, I have a family history of heart problems too, my dad died at 47 of a heart attack and his dad was also very young when he died of the same thing, I think if my BMI went to 60 coupled with my family history of heart problems they would refuse to operate because its too risky lol
They seem to want to make it as hard as possible :(

Hi again.

I live in Peterborough and would have no problems maybe meeting you and your daughter for a coffee (skinny latte of course!) and a chat. PM me if you are interested.

Julie xx

Paul,

When is your surgery? Hope it all goes well for you. May be nice to meet up for a chat sometime and coffee next time we are in Sittingbourne. Whoever does your surgery its a very expert team. Be great to hear on here how you are doing post op.

I did'nt get funding as my bmi was 47ish and for York you need to be 50. I was found out to have mild sleep apnoea but that didn't help worst luck! Hopefully my doctor is doing an appeal ( Im not sure how it all works!) So I just have fingers crossed and am wondering what happens next, but I will post as things happen! I had all the tests in the hospital last year, so I am wondering if I will have to go through all that again.....

Hi Clairyb,

I would check with your GP because usually appeals have to either initiated by you or done in conjunction with your GP.

Julie.

Hi Julie....hopefully my doctor is doing the appeal soon. She is very supportive and is deffo on my side but her memory isnt the best! I will keep bugging her now i have the bit between my teeth!

I would as there is a time limit on these things.

Is there any additional info that could be added to support your case?

Maybe a letter written by you to describe how your life is affected by your weight now, and what would change if the surgery went ahead.

Good luck.

Julie

Thanks Julie, Yes I will try that. I'm not very good at putting pen to paper but maybe if I just tell it how it is that will help!

My PCT is the Wiltshire one, and they also follow the NICE Guidlines

BMI over 40 or over 35 if you have other thing wrong with you. They gave me funding in 4 weeks with a BMI of 47 and no co morbidities.
It is very confusing how the PCT criteria differers so vastly from county to county though!

Back