• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No appetite, for food or water!!!!

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
I was 4 week post op on Monday and for most of this week I have been feeling like I can't be bothered with food and eating, also drinking!!! Anyone else been like this??

I literally have to force myself to eat and drink. It's like I just don't want it?????? I am keeping up my fluids and having 3 meals a day, well mashed up stuff.

Just wondering if anyone else had this???

Yes I was like that for a long time. Don't worry, eat what you can and make sure that you drink your fulids. I enjoyed the sensation as it was the first time in my life that I had had no desire for food.
Lynne x

Yes I went thru that lasted a few wks n even now I sometimes dont feel like eating. Its wierd isnt it xx

Me too hun xx Eat because I know I have too, not hungry at all! xx

i was like that aswell at the beginning... it will pass hun xx

I cannot bring myself to eat any tea!! I had a small amount of bolognaise sauce and pasta for my lunch. I not hungry or full, but I just don't want anything. Making myself drink though..
It's such a weird feeling cuz I never felt like this before and food was such a big part of my life!!!!

i'm still like that and i had my op last august ..............some days i find that i don;t want to eat but i'll force myself

Pasta? I don't think its time for pasta yet is it?
I still dont eat it!
Lynne x

Pasta? I don't think its time for pasta yet is it?
I still dont eat it!
Lynne x

Yes Lynne, pasta. My diet sheet says to have it week 5 & 6, as long as its very soft. I only had about 5 twists anyway as I eat all the protein stuff first.
It appears that different hospitals and surgeons have different programmes and diets to follow. x

i was told i could have pasta from pureed stage and that for me was after 10 days... i didnt have pasta though until i got onto normal foods at week 12 lol... as the thought of pureeing pasta... ooh yuk lol

I will have a look in my book to see what it says about pasta. I might have missed it because I went to Spire Manchester and our diet sheets should be the same Sarah.
Laughing here about the thought of liquidising pasta Rayne, ewwwwwwwwww.
Lynne x

Hi Lynne, a few of my friends have had their operation at Spire Murrayfield and from their pre-op to post-op everything was totally different than me.
The pre-op diet, The pre-op appointments, stay in hospital, closing of incisions, post-op diet. I couldn't believe the difference. I asked my dietician and she stated that it all depended on each individual surgeon and team at what ever hospital you went. Its weird. x

oohhh i love reading all your views...i soooo cant wait to be in a position to say i dont feel hungry....xx

As long as the weight comes off it doesnt matter in the end does it Sarah. We are doing something right lol.
Take care and enjoy the rest of your wl journey.
Lynne x

I am 11 weeks out from my surgery and regularly have days where I literally can't be bothered to eat or drink and really have to force myself to.

I think it is normal up to a point but we have to force ourselves to get the required minimum's in us!!

Tatiana

Back