• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No go zone

triedeverything

I haven't worn jeans since I was 18. I'm now 47 and still don't think I can wear them. I live in leggings, boots and dresses or shirts but I'm now fitting into size 16 dresses but with my thunderous thighs I really don't think I could get away with jeans. Its just a mental no go zone for me. Maybe one day but I go into clothes shops and don't even bother with the jeans dept. I have visions of trying to pull them up over my legs, thighs and bum and just not being able to so why put myself through the failure of it all.

Go for it there are so many styles of jeans out there I'm sure there will be one to suit you, go for boot cut rather than skinny fit, give them a go you maybe surprised :)

I can't wait to wear jeans again - and I'm 51!

Just bought myself a pair of Wallis jeggings in a size 18 and love them!

I think you should try some - why not order online and try on at home, with a friend who will be honest with you x

Although the majority of my body is a size 16, my calves are still about a 20. I bought jeans with an elasticated waist in a size 20, unpicked the waistband so I could pull the elastic out, removed a large lump of elastic and restitched it all together and have worn them ever since - and love them!!

OK, honesty time now. When I say 'I' did all that, it was actually a friend of mine as I can't sew to save my life BUT it is possible to get round it. xx

Jeans can be really flattering if you pick the right cut.

Mine are boot cut and not too low-waisted and I love them.

Give them a try, you might be surprised!

I get mine in Sainsburys :)

It was only due to this discussion that I stopped and thought about whether jeans were suitable or not for people over a 'certain age'.

My feeling now is if you want to wear it, go for it!!!

I have never worn Jeans, I am 55 and after a lot of soul searching purchased some. Now I have just got to summon up the courage to actually wear them.

So far I have put them on four times looked in the mirror and taken them off again!

Although I am a shadow of my former self I just do not see myself as slim enough for Jeans. :(

Jeggings are the way to go ... So comfy in comparison to jeans ... I am 47 and rocking them! Give them a go! Xxx

There are so many different styles try high waisted boot cut or boyfriend cut.
Next do so many and u can order online and try at home before you pay out any money.

Hey now I'm 55 and am wearing my size 16 high waisted jeans from Next all the time and have received so many compliments.
So go for it!!
You can always wear a long tunic top to hide the lumpy bits.
And age is but a number!!

Back