• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

Thinking of you, hope you get some answers

Lynn x

I have forgot how painful the "gas" pains can be when the surgeon has to use it to perform stomach surgery!
Struggling to get comfy,but using my heat pad :-(

I have forgot how painful the "gas" pains can be when the surgeon has to use it to perform stomach surgery! Struggling to get comfy,but using my heat pad :-(

How did it go ? Mint tea can help the gas pains. Sitting here almost ready go leave fir my mini bypass, mint tea packed.

Hope they got to the root of your problems. Hugs xx

Emma fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, take it easy the next few days, and remember to look after your self :)

Short term pain - long term gains (or loses as appropriate)!

Hope they discovered what was causing all your stomach problems and fixed it. Hope the gas pain dissipates soon x

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd just update in between me trying to breathe without it hurting,and walking round to ease this damn gas pains.
Anyway surgery went ok,WAS 1st on list when arrived but due to something happening I didn't go down till afternoon.
I've had a peterson defect repaired,luckily no hernia was found...it's a hole in the abdomen that I've had sewn up to be on the safe side,as bowels can slip through it.
So I'm going to have to see if this sorts my issues out....just a bit worried about time I need off work as I wasn't given a note,even though I'd asked for one :-(

I hope getting this done completely eradicates all your pain. In any event it's good that they discovered this and have repaired it. Re a doctor's note, if you ring your GP's practice and explain to the receptionist she could perhaps arrange for one to be waiting to be picked up for you by a family member? Hope the gas pain goes soon, keep reminding myself I've got that to look forward to :)

You do a self certificate for the first week, then get anything further via your GP. Should be able to sort it over the phone, even if you need to speak to a doctor, they'll base it on the letter from the hospital

Hope you get better soon
I'm under prof ammori and the hospital gave me one must have forgot yours I'm sure if you call the hospital they'd pop it in the post for you if you don't want to go to your gp x

I hope getting this done completely eradicates all your pain. In any event it's good that they discovered this and have repaired it. Re a doctor's note, if you ring your GP's practice and explain to the receptionist she could perhaps arrange for one to be waiting to be picked up for you by a family member? Hope the gas pain goes soon, keep reminding myself I've got that to look forward to :)

Isabella..I think the gas pains are worse than the actual bypass...walking round little helps x

Glad they got you sorted. Well hopefully. I self very for first week an GP gave me a fit note for post op monitoring for second week xx

Glad to hear that you're out the other side and they found something. Hopefully they've fixed it now.

Back