• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Non Scale Victories

Emma Louise

I would love to hear any of your 'Non Scale Victories' (NSV).

I think it would help encourage people who arn't quite at your stage yet (there's always someone). It can be pre-op or post-op, but something to put a smile on people's faces as this process can be an emotional rollercoaster :) xxxxxxxxx

Non scale victories include:-

Being able to run up stair without feeling like I had run a marathon
Bum fitting in the bath
Self control over food

Throwing away leftovers!

Getting a job.
I stared doing courier work 2 weeks ago.

Oh and keeping up with my super fit neighbour on the walk to school and being able to talk without having to stop and get my breath back

Being more active and looking forward to going to the gym.
Looking forward to social occasions instead of dreading them.
Buying my first size 10 in my life!
Owning knee length boots.
Self confidence
Looking and feeling great!

Crossing my legs!
Wearing knee length boots that come from 'regular' shops :)
Not being recognised by colleagues I don't see that often.
My best friend of 42 years not being able to find me in the supermarket.
Having loads of energy.
Having lots of choice when I was looking for a new Goretex walking jacket this Autumn.
Fitting in an aeroplane seat with room to spare and the tray down.

I could go on and on...
:superwoman:

Actually, I will go on...

Fitting in the bath with room to spare.
Being able to wrap a towel around me and answer the door to the postman without him needing post-traumatic shock disorder counselling.

These are all great so far! Lets hope we hear more!

:D xxxx

Walking the girls to school for the last 3 weeks and cutting the time it takes by 20 mins.
Enjoying exercise for the first time on a regular basis, albeit belly dancing!!!
Organising a psychological wl session for this Saturday.
Feeling better about myself and not downing 200g bar of chocolate every time I get upset etc.
Finding such wonderful people like you guys on here. Those I've met in the flesh and those of you who I only know through this site.

Rebirth

Walking the girls to school for the last 3 weeks and cutting the time it takes by 20 mins.
Enjoying exercise for the first time on a regular basis, albeit belly dancing!!!
Organising a psychological wl session for this Saturday.
Feeling better about myself and not downing 200g bar of chocolate every time I get upset etc.
Finding such wonderful people like you guys on here. Those I've met in the flesh and those of you who I only know through this site.

Rebirth

Those are lovely ones, well done you! :hug99: xxx

Standing up weeing against a tree with my step-son

I keep reading this and laughing for some reason. lol. :D

Welldone on raising the money and riding so far so fast. I have to say Mixman you are one of my true inspirations on here. You represent hard work and determination, good on ya! :) xxxx

Going for a 3 1/2 mile walk and only just starting to feel like i've actually done something when i got home.

Feeling alive instead of just living...

No more medicine for my diabetes.

Feeling hot hot hot! :)

Oh WOW reading this has made my day. My mood is lifted and i feel ready to start the day. Just thinking of all the things i will be able to do makes me shiver lol. The seat on the plane and going in the pool on holiday and being brave enough to take swimming lessons at my gym are enough to make me gasp. Just booked a holiday for 12 September next year so watch this space lol. Cant wait x

Oh WOW reading this has made my day. My mood is lifted and i feel ready to start the day. Just thinking of all the things i will be able to do makes me shiver lol. The seat on the plane and going in the pool on holiday and being brave enough to take swimming lessons at my gym are enough to make me gasp. Just booked a holiday for 12 September next year so watch this space lol. Cant wait x

Bet you can't stand up and pee against a tree :cool:

Back