• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Non WLS Question...of sorts.

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Right, this is bit forward of me but it means a lot to me so I have to ask.
Ok, the work of Help For Heroes means a lot to me, I have known some soldiers that were injured (they were American but still) and I was horrified by some of their stories. So I support our service folks whole heartedly and after recently becoming friendly with a soldier it brought the cause forward again.
Anyway, I want to challenge myself in 2011 and whilst looking at ways to do so I saw a tandem skydive with the Red Devils to raise money for Help For Heroes. I have always wanted to skydive but I am nervous of the responsibility of opening the chute etc so when I saw that I would be doing it with a professional I realised that the responsibility would no longer be mine and got all excited. I then looked at the cost and was gutted to find it is £299 just for the jump, you have to raise at least £500 to make it worth it, so I thought that its a definate no no.
Anyway, my question is...if I went ahead with this skydive for such a fantastic cause would anybody here sponsor me?
I dont even know if I am allowed to ask this so if Im not then please forgive me...actually, forgive me for being cheeky enough to ask...but I really want to do this thing but its only worth it if I got lots of sponsors.
I may well just end up doing a sponsored bike ride or something, but I thought it was worth asking.
Steph xx

Well, love I'm very happy to sponsor you and I wish I was fit enough to join you... I'd be happy and you have my details, so post it to me love and I'll return... it would be a pleasure for such a good cause and it's great to see your big heart shining through!

Love and hugs xxx

I would sponsor u Steph as this is close too my heart help for heroe's as my son is in the army and off too afghan next yr :-( - so count me IN XX

Thank you Beverlie xxx
Julie...give him a MASSIVE hug for me and tell him that there is a chick in Cheshire that truly appreciates him and thinks he is awesome xxx
Steph xx

I would be happy to sponsor you Steph. It's a fantastic cause and I admire you so much for even thinking about doing something like this. You go girl!

Hi Steph, I think its a wonderful idea and I am more than happy to sponsor you. PM me the details as and when.

Linski xxx

I don't have a lot Steph, but a tenner of my money is now earmarked for your cause.....

Help the heroes and their partners and family who remain behind worrying xx

Steph, let us know if you get a justgiving page up and running - it's usually the easiest way to get donations from all over.

Aww thanks guys xx
I will set up a just giving page as soon as I have confirmed everything with the right people.
Thank you everyone, you all rock xxx
Steph xx

Bless you Steph... it's a pleasure... and such a worthy cause.

Love and hugs xxx

ooh, id love to do something like that Steph so Im v envious. I would sponsor you and youve got me thinking about looking into something like this myself.

In terms of whether its "allowed", you can put the just giving link (or similar) in your signature when its set up, and post a thread about the event you are doing when you know details.

My page is up and on my signature. Hubby has just become my first sponsor God bless him xxx
Steph xx

You've made me want to do a challenge now! Maybe I'll do one of the bike challenges later on next year (when a bike can support my weight!!!) :)

A deserving cause... where would we be without our amazing servicemen and women... our hero's and so brave... it's a pleasure to support your every step with this challenge Stephie... xxx

Love and hugs

steph i havent got alot but i can keep giving bits at a time - is there something wrong with the link on your signature? - its no taking me to the page xxx

Back