• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help For Heroes

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hello all
I hope everyone is well.
Anyway, as some of you may have seen on my other thread, I am planning to do a sponsored tandem skydive from 14000ft to raise money for Help For Heroes.
I am very passionate about this cause and have wanted to do something to challenge the new me and I have always wanted to do a skydive but the fear of having to open your chute etc stopped me. I was looking for events and say tandem skydives and then I saw that you can do them to raise money for Help For Heroes. The fact that by going tandem with a professional means that I dont have the job of deplying the chute, so that fear is taken away from me. So I immediately set up a sponsorship page to get this done.
The plan is that people sponsor me and then when the donations reach a certain level I can book the skydive and then anything raised after that point goes directly to Help For Heroes, to give vital money to our heroic service men and women.
I have already had some very generous donations from some awesome people and it has given me a damn good start and for this I am eternally grateful.
I want to do this jump as soon as I can (earliest is June now I think) but I cant even book it until I raise enough to cover the cost of the jump.
So, could anybody please spare a small donation PLEEEEASE? Every penny helps, it doesnt have to be a big donation, anything will help the cause.
I do realise that it is so close to Christmas and so it isnt great timing, but our service boys and girls work on our behalf all year round and they deserve the support.
The link to donate is on my signature...just click and it will take you to the right place.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to those that have already donated, I love you all dearly for doing so xxx
Steph xx

A fantastic cause... xxx

Hello all
I hope everyone is well.
Anyway, as some of you may have seen on my other thread, I am planning to do a sponsored tandem skydive from 14000ft to raise money for Help For Heroes.
I am very passionate about this cause and have wanted to do something to challenge the new me and I have always wanted to do a skydive but the fear of having to open your chute etc stopped me. I was looking for events and say tandem skydives and then I saw that you can do them to raise money for Help For Heroes. The fact that by going tandem with a professional means that I dont have the job of deplying the chute, so that fear is taken away from me. So I immediately set up a sponsorship page to get this done.
The plan is that people sponsor me and then when the donations reach a certain level I can book the skydive and then anything raised after that point goes directly to Help For Heroes, to give vital money to our heroic service men and women.
I have already had some very generous donations from some awesome people and it has given me a damn good start and for this I am eternally grateful.
I want to do this jump as soon as I can (earliest is June now I think) but I cant even book it until I raise enough to cover the cost of the jump.
So, could anybody please spare a small donation PLEEEEASE? Every penny helps, it doesnt have to be a big donation, anything will help the cause.
I do realise that it is so close to Christmas and so it isnt great timing, but our service boys and girls work on our behalf all year round and they deserve the support.
The link to donate is on my signature...just click and it will take you to the right place.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to those that have already donated, I love you all dearly for doing so xxx
Steph xx

Well done Stephie for even contemplating doing this parachute jump... I only have to look through my bedroom window and I feel dizzy...

So I admire the sentiment behind this challenge in every respect and the fact that our Heroes are often forgotten.

In addition to having the pledges... and I notice also on facebook that several people are still hoping to help with this...

Do we have a link that we can post on here to send a message to our troops overseas via an email?

I'm always moved by so many brave and many young individuals that put their lives right on the line without a thought for themselves...

I do hope that you are able to raise the money via sponsorships to enable you to carry out this parachute jump....

With your every step... (if only on terra firma) I'll be there trying to watch you do the jump if I can.

Love and hugs as always :character00255:

xxx :airplane: Good Luck with your Sponsorships!

xxxx

Thanks Beverlie xxx
I dont have a link no but Im sure there is one somewhere.
I am totally petrified of heights I must say, just seeing them on tv makes me go a bit dizzy and sick, so this challenge is truly that...a massive challenge! My brother in law doesnt think Ill go through with it but I will, Ill show him!!! Even if I have to wear an incontinence pad hahahaha lol
Steph xx

Reactions: Bev
Well even if you are a 'tena lady' for a day Steph, it's a brilliant worthwhile cause and I think you will do it and the 'Just Giving' page is a great way to sponsor good causes, I use this method of sponsorship very often and it's very safe and reliable.

The very best of luck and a great challenge for 2011.

xxx

Good On ya Steph, Im sure you will go through with it.....once you make your mind up I wouldnt like to try and change it ;) XX

You'll do it Steph and we'll be waiting for you Angel... I'll position Jacqui somewhere or myself for a soft landing... love and hugs precious xxx

Haha... the landing will have to be on me then... I'll still have loads of padding by then... xxx

Lol thank you ladies xxx
Youre right, I wont be changing my mind, no way no how, old fat Steph is going to remain up in that plane and the new sassy Steph will float back down to earth hehe
Steph xx

Hi guys xxx
I was just thinking, some people dont have the ability to give a donation online, so if you are one of those people and would prefer to give offline, pm me for my address and then when I receive the money I will put it straight into my bank and then pay it into the online count myself from my bank but with a thanks note to the sponsorer (is that a real word? lol).
Thanks xx
Steph xx

P.S I feel really cheeky saying that but I dont mind being pushy for our lads and lasses working to keep us safe xxx

Hi sweety. I'd love to sponsor you but it's going to have to wait until after Christmas. Money is very tight for us at the moment. I really admire you for dong this pet.
Grace xxx

Aww thanks Bea, Ill email you right after I post this reply xx
Well the way I see it, our boys and girls are beyond far beyond brave, they are beyond heroic, so a little skydive is nothing compared to their actions xx
Steph xx

Good morning guys
Well, the time has come for me to start bugging folks to help my quest to raise funds for our brave boys and girls by sponoring me to do this tandem skydive.
Every single pound helps and I have already had some amazing help from some lovely people, mainly from this forum actually, but I need more.
The sooner I make enough to book the jump the sooner I can give people a date etc and proper details.
I totally appreciate that we are post Christmas and money is very very tight for all, but regardless of time and situations, our guys and girls are out there being injured for us, and they deserve the support and assistance that Help For Heroes can give to them.
So please...if only £1...please sponsor me xxx
There is a link for giving online in my signature or you could pm me for my address to send anything if that is what you prefer.
Thank you all so much in advance and a MASSIVE thank you to those awesome individuals that have already given xxx
Steph xx

Hi guys
Well, the count is up to £322 now, I need to get it to £500 before I can even book the jump. Could anyone spare just a pound or two please?
Thanks
Steph xx

Hi guys
Could anybody please help with a pound or two please? I havent gotten any new sponsorship for quite a while now and am quite a way off of my target.
Please help xxx
Steph xx

great cause and what a way to raise money eek!!....will donate a little next week if thats ok x

Back