• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Normal food

tendersage

well yesterday was my start back onto 'normal food' i avoided going too extreme and got asked if the meal i had ordered in BHS cafe was ok as i had left most of it LOL it probably looked like i had not touched it as the bread roll was intact, i had just eaten the peppered pastrami and chicken out of it, otherwise it was porridge for breakfast and dinner was half a pork chop (very lean) sliced up and cooked in passionfruit juice with onion and a finely sliced chili.

did anyone else find it hard to move over to normal food from the sodts, i think i am scared to try the hard foods such as roast potato, crisps ect and have totally avoided them.

I have tried a roast spud and was fine I also had a small yourkshire pudding with no probs at all Not started on proper food yet still on slops and softs lol Bit scared of trying some stuff cause the thought of dumping scares me Hope I can get over it though or I might staop eating all together lol

hi, i'm only 4 weeks post-op but over last couple of days i've had roast spuds. All i tend to do is not eat the really crispy bits, it cut it open and mainly eat the middle. I'm sure you'll both be ok with the stuff you've mentioned cos you're both ahead of me x x x

well yesterday was my start back onto 'normal food' i avoided going too extreme and got asked if the meal i had ordered in BHS cafe was ok as i had left most of it LOL it probably looked like i had not touched it as the bread roll was intact, i had just eaten the peppered pastrami and chicken out of it, otherwise it was porridge for breakfast and dinner was half a pork chop (very lean) sliced up and cooked in passionfruit juice with onion and a finely sliced chili.

did anyone else find it hard to move over to normal food from the sodts, i think i am scared to try the hard foods such as roast potato, crisps ect and have totally avoided them.

i find the difference with band and bypass just amused me the potatoe wouldnt phase me the thought of a pork chop would make me shudder lol glad your doing well x

I was a little nervous at first and still haven't really tried much 'solid' meat or bread, but other than that most things seem to be going down well. I am fine with sliced cooked meats and mince but not had steak/chicken etc but not a big meat eater anyway. I try to think about what i would really LIKE to have rather than thinking in terms of what CAN I have and also try to think in terms of balanced 'normal' meals rather than special foods. I even went out for a meal on friday with friends who don't know and had a great time. The only thing I struggle with is what to drink in pubs that isn't alcoholic, isn't fizzy and isn't sweet - apart from water!! Any ideas? I usually get a water and a J2O and combine them.

all this talk of food and drink is making me hungry :)

meat is easy you just shew and chew on small pieces, bread swells so its a totally different thing and i wouldnt even try to touch it yet, i have also been told not to try toast until week 8 so another week to go there. However i finally crunched something today, i had a rivitta with garlic/herb philly on and i managed ok.

Not being hungry and trying to ensure i have enough protien means focus is on protien and nothing else, i try and make at least 2 meals a week veggies to ensure i am getting more vits ect, time i used the clow cooker more for stews maybe that will help balance things more

Back