• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Northants Newbie

frodoald

Hi All,
I am (hopefully!) at the very start of my WLS journey. I went to my GP last week who agreed to refer me. I had some blood tests done on Friday so the referal should go off when she gets the results this week.

I have struggled with my weight all my adult life and currently have a BMI nearing 80 (I still find this very hard to admit and is horrible seeing it in black and white!).:eek:
I live in Northants and am married with 2 boys. Since making "the decision" I cannot get it out of my head that sometime in the next few years I may actually be able to live a "normal life" once again without the constant worry of "do i fit in/through there" or "can i walk that far" etc etc

I am scared but at the same time very excited.
Thank you all for sharing your stories. I have spent the last week reading lots of lovely posts from you all and look forward to sharing my journey.

Hi I live in Peterborough, you have made the best move you can, joining this forum, its so friendly and lots of experience pre and post op. And you can ask about any subject.

I guess if your in Northants, you will be going to Luton and Dunstable hospital like myself and many others on here.

Welcome anyway.

Hi there. Good luck with your 'journey'. One of the easiest things in this world is to put on weight. It takes No effort whatsoever and gives a lot of pleasure and relaxation along the way so don't beat yourself up.I'm new here too and I have gained a lot of knowledge and confidence from this forum. Its really exciting isn't it?!!
xx

Thank you all for your kind words!
Peterborough Guy - Yes my GP mentioned I will probably get the choice of Birmingham or Luton & Dunstable.
As I come from Dunstable and my husband's family still live there then this will be my choice if I am offered it. (I also have read lots of your posts and the L&D in general seems to get very positive reviews).
Thanks again. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum,
I too am from Northants and my BMI was 60 and life was a struggle.
A year later I am around ten stone down and feeling fab.
I had my op in Birmingham....
Good Luck and keep us informed x

Thanks Scoobydoobydoo (love the name!).
How did you find Birmingham? I see quite a few posts mentioning Luton & Dunstable but not many mentioning Birmingham.
Did you get the choice and if so why did you choose Birmingham.
(sorry for all the questions - just want to make sure I have as much information as possible so I am ready when it comes to making my choices!!):eek:

1Welcomedaisyscrap-vi.jpg

Welcome and good luck with your journey xx

Hi and welcome, you can never ask too many questions. xx

Welcome to this fabulous site. It can a be a fair wait until you get your op but you have made that first step to ask for referral, lets hope its not too long for you.

I look forward to reading about your life changing journey.

Jen x

Hi & welcome, wish you had posted earlier as there was a support group last week at bmi spire hospital in northants. Was good the next one is on 8th sept.
X

Hi and welcome i am from corby and had my op in birmingham last november i went there because i new some other people who had been there and told me how good it was there

Good Luck with your journey

karlene said:
Hi and welcome i am from corby and had my op in birmingham last november i went there because i new some other people who had been there and told me how good it was there

Good Luck with your journey

Hi I'm not far from you I'm in Gretton x

I am from Wellingborough so not far from Gretton or Corby :) Thank you for letting me know about the support group - hopefully (!) by September I will be at least a little bit further on in the process.

Thank you all for your welcome. I know you are all going to make this journey a lot easier & I can see how fantastic the support is.

mandy, where was the meeting spire northants? which hospital/town is that, i have checked google no spire in northamptonshire? have been involved in trying to start a group in May, but if one already in existence brilliant, there are 13 of us so far, but we have no hospital venue, sowould be good to merge.

Back