• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not loosing weight quick enough

dollyu

I had my gastric sleeve on the 16th January so it's 12 days now I have lost only 2kg since then. Is that normal, just thought it should be quicker. Do I need to exercise to help? Am still a bit sore and light headed. And how long before I can drive? They told me two weeks but I read somewhere else 10days.

Your team, or Dr should be able to advise you on driving.

As with the weight loss - everyone is different, some lose quickly, some slowly. It all depends on the individual.

I had my bypass on 20th jan and I've lost 8lb so far, I was told 2 weeks til I can drive, what stage eating wise are you on? I'm still on liquids soups n yougurt and slim fast x

We all lose differently but i presume you also lost on the LSD. 2kg is a good loss. Just keep at your advised diet and get your water in. You are recovering from an operation dont forget.
Good luck with your recovery!

like some have already said weight loss post op is different for everyone it will fall off just don't drive yourself mad thinking its not going quick enough for you all that matters is that you recover post op follow your guide lines from your team and let nature take its course
keep the faith

Thanks guys for all the advice, didn't know how to get back on this page, lol. Figured it out now must be the surgery, lol. Two weeks post op now started on purée diet yesterday but was uncomfortable after having a meal yesterday, was just 5 table spoon as advised. Anyway it settled now. I have lost 6kg altogether now. Feeling better and pains disappearing slowly.

Just to say you guys are right am 6 weeks post op now and I have lost 11 kilos. Not much still but the nurse thinks it's good. Silly me I want to wake up and am slim. Lol.

That's great loss. But totally know what you mean by wanting to wake up thin :) I'm going to make an effort to try not to focus on it and certainly bin my scales :)

Im losing around 2lbs a week sometime s less I am happy with that but keep thinking it should be more im just glad its coming off and staying off

I had my bypass 19th jan & have only lost 20lb in 6 weeks but since week 3/4 it has really slowed down, lucky if I lose 1lb a week, I'm so gutted & deflated, I somehow knew my body would fight it!
I'm eating as I should & concentrating on protein & fluids but it so frustrating, I can feel my depression kicking back in!

Hi tomorrow I am 4 weeks post op. I am still on puréed food and plenty of water. I am also disappointed with my weight loss. First two weeks I lost 13.5 pounds last week I lost 2 pounds and I will find out on Saturday how much this week. I feel a bit deflated as with everyone else I expected it to drop off. I think I need to exercise but still feel very tired is that normal?

I had my gastric sleeve on the 16th January so it's 12 days now I have lost only 2kg since then. Is that normal, just thought it should be quicker. Do I need to exercise to help? Am still a bit sore and light headed. And how long before I can drive? They told me two weeks but I read somewhere else 10days.
I am four weeks post op and I have been driving since last week but I gave an automatic so it's a little easier. I am also disappointed with my weight loss. Was expecting to wake up thin I think. I have lost 15.5 pounds so far but I don't know how much I've lost this week yet as I haven't got any scales I will get weighed at slimming will on Saturday. I only lost two pounds last week and I was absolutely gutted. How are you after your op are you ok .

Back