• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NOT MAKING THIS UP ,HONEST !!

debbieb

As people are aware things have not been going right for me since my bypass 4 1/2 months ago, and as a result I am booked in with mr Ahmed for an emergency stretch next week ,
At my appointment last week, because of my serious lack of food/nutrition I was prescribed protein gel sashets that I have to take 3 times daily, the hospital faxed the prescription to my gp as a matter of urgency ! ,
Off I trot to get the prescription , only to find that it is not available !!!!..no chemist in my town can get hold of it !!..
I give in !!, it must look like all I do is moan and complain about things on this site, but honestly, I am not making this up, has anyone else had this much trouble since there op ?, because to be honest I am now at the point of thinking was it worth all this trouble ? Did I do the right thing?.. To be honest I have doubts now starting to creep in coz nothing seems to have gone right from day one !

hi
sorry you are having so much trouble. but looking at your weightloss you have done amazing and at the end of the day that is why we all do this! keep strong and once you have your stretch you should feel so much better xx

BECKYBROWN80 said:
hi
sorry you are having so much trouble. but looking at your weightloss you have done amazing and at the end of the day that is why we all do this! keep strong and once you have your stretch you should feel so much better xx

Thank you Becky,
But just to add , my surgeon said that while the weight loss is fantastic , it is partly due to complications ! And I have basically lost too much too quick !! Through no fault of my own, I have gone from a size 32 to size 20 in 17 weeks !

not ideal but just trying to look on the positive side for you. your stretch will sort you out and then it should hopefully be plain sailing for you. have you spoke to your hospital to ask where you can get this stuff? maybe they have it in there own pharmacy on site? xx

You have to let your frustrations out somewhere so moan away!!

Have any of the chemists offered to order them on for you?

I can totally understand your frustration. Hopefully things will be better for you after your next procedure x x

suepat10 said:
You have to let your frustrations out somewhere so moan away!!

Have any of the chemists offered to order them on for you?

I can totally understand your frustration. Hopefully things will be better for you after your next procedure x x

Thanks pat , every chemist in my town has phoned the wholesaler , and nobody stocks it !!!

BECKYBROWN80 said:
not ideal but just trying to look on the positive side for you. your stretch will sort you out and then it should hopefully be plain sailing for you. have you spoke to your hospital to ask where you can get this stuff? maybe they have it in there own pharmacy on site? xx

I'm on the phone to the hospital at 9 am !!, I've even phoned my gp to see if they can find an alternative product , they are ringing me back this morning.. Problem is I am getting roughly 300 cals only a day , and I am not getting tablets down, so the hospital are concerned that my body us basically going to start to fail , and I face serious health issues ... Sorry for sounding so dramatic , but these are mr ahmed's words , not mine. X

What a time you have been through. On the whole, better health is a focus for us. So the possibility of becoming very ill is a scary one. Really hope you get some joy today chick xxx

Well you have ever right to be concerned if docs are concerned it cannot be good but surely there must be an alternative somewhere. lets hop they roing later with some good news, i am almost 9 months post have had little or no probs however my first hosp app. is next wed so have no idea how my body is doing inside, my gp has not asked for any bloods done to check think my gp doesnt know much bout what i'v had done even though he referred me. good luck hope you get sorted hang on in there. xx

Look on the net, order some for time being and then get a chemist to put in an order for them. I had to do this with some of my supplements.

I haven't really followed this thread so sorry if anyone's already said. But why only 300 calories a day? Aren't you having food replacement drinks or any protein based liquid stuff? Even a meat based broth sipped during the day would provide some nourishment?

Only ideas, but hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It is a horrible position to be in as you just do not have any control over your body at the moment. I really hope they get the supplements for you asap xx

Hi

With your doctor saying you have to get hold of protein sachets to take,until the chemist can get them wouldn't it be better just to get ANYTHING protein that's in liquid form.
Boots the chemist sell lots of soups/protein items,also tesco(homebase) if you have one near,asda,holland and barratt.
I hope you get it sorted,take care xx

Fortimel (Fortimal?) protein drinks are good and available in sweet and savoury. Not the nicest things ( I loathed the sweet ones, no sweet tooth), but the only things I could tolerate until nearly 4 weeks post-op. They're available on prescription too.

hi, i have already said on another thread about my problems so please accept my appology if you have already read it lol x i had a similer problem to you, i went from a size 26 to a now size 8 in under 4 months, i felt sick everytime i ate and had to have my gallbladder removed, i still feel sick everytime i eat and this is leading to a weight loss of approx 1-3lb a week still! i know your fear as i used to wake up thinking i wasn't going to make it through the night as i was malnurished and thought my body was just going to give up, i have managed to eat small amounts now but still feel sick with it 7 months post op, i have an endoscopy booked to see the cause of sickness, with regards to your search for prescription it down to the doctor to make an alternative prescription that you can get hold of locally or they should have it brought to the hospital, your obviously unwell and adding more stress and work on you is not fair, remeber your the patient and contact the hospital and get them to deal with finding the right medication for you. i am only talking from my own experiance as i know how unwell and exhausted i was and sometimes i think doctors need to realise the fear of death in itself can make people ill, just try and get some more support from the hospital and i honestly wish you all the best, my heart goes out to you xxx

Its terrible that uve been given a prescription that they don't even stock in ur town! I really feel for u having to do all this running around after all uve been thru u must not have any energy! can u get the prescription from ur local hospital chemist? Maybe larger range? Hope u get it sorted and feel a bit better :-( x x

Just had the dr's and the hospital on the phone , and there is no substitute !!. .. Rung the suppliers direct, and managed to get a delivery 15 miles away !!.. But at least I've got some coming ..

Just typed this into google and Amazon sell them. It must feel like your in a nightmare and really scary. You have to believe it will get sorted eventually, because it will. Order yourself some, they should be with you by tuesday. Hope this is all sorted for you very soon.

Kim

Back