• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

people bypassed on/around 25th nov 2011

rachaelh

how much can you all eat/what can/can't you manage? i've just read a reply to one of my earlier posts and its starting to make me wonder if there is actually something wrong with me, i seem to be able to eat a helluva lot more than i ever expected i'd be able to, have no problem with anything and am in the same rut as before where i'm constantly thinking about food (still not experienced hunger so never know if i'm ready to eat or not)

i'll give you my run down for today... comments please

breakfast
chocolate slim fast with marvel - 600ml

mid morning/afternoon
3 pints of nas lemon squash

lunch/dinner had together due to work commitments today
100g shredded ham hock
50g chicken breast
cucumber (about 5 pieces)
green peppers equivalent to about 1/8 of a pepper
teaspoon of diced onion
lettuce - about a handful

snacks
2 x satsumas (not at same time, over course of today)

now i'm sitting here thinking about going to get a packet of crisps (which i WILL NOT DO i promise!) and i'm thinking that i've not had that much really today but the salad i had for dinner i was able to eat all in one go and would have had room for more i think, the slim fast from this morning i could have easily knocked back without stopping and its the same when i drink anything, i dont seem to have to wait or pause as i'm full this is starting to seem more abnormal to me the more i think about it and i'm getting concerned, i think i'm going to have to contact the dietician team at srh but i'm just curious how is everyone at around the same stage out doing?

op 29th nov

usual for me is (on a good day)

3/4 shape 0 yoghurt

baby bell and couple of crackers ( or about 1 - 1.5 oz soft turkey)

1/4 chicken thigh cassarolled with about 2 - 4 teaspoons mash
maybe 4 - 6 teaspoons of angel delight (nas)

sometimes for a snack will have a cuppa soup or a baby bell or slice of ham - something like that or
sometimes have a couple of meltz crackers

Today i was out - so had

Breakfast small lump of cheese with a few mini ritz crackers

cuppa soup for snack

1/4 of a jacket potato with bolognaise and cheese

one egg omlete with some cheese

i can't really comment but the lunch/dinner does seem a very large meal to me 150g meat is a lot of meat in one go the other things seem small except slim fast which is meal in itself.you seem to be in the mind set of three meals a day when you should be having 6 small amounts a day all including protein :) i'm sure someone will tell me if i'm wrong on this xx

I was done on 14th December and because I had scarring from a previous band, my pouch is slightly larger than someone who has never had WLS before and was told that I would be able to eat more that other bypassers. Here's what I've had today so far:

got up and had 3/4 cup of tea (usually take breakfast with me to Uni)

8.30am - custard made with s/s milk and protein powder added...approx 50mls

10.30am - 2 Krackerwheat & approx 100g cottage cheese

12.30pm - 2 krackerwheat & approx 100g cottage cheese, 3 segments of orange.

5pm - 3/4 mug Milky coffee.

not had tea yet but had approx 3-4 tsp of hummous.

I have to sip drinks, still can't swallow them down and still struggle to get full allowance of fluids in each day.

I still don't get the feeling of hunger but sometimes 'feel' that I need to eat if I go too long in between.

hope this helps in some way x

hi i had my op on the 25th November 2011...
This is what i had yesterday...

Breakfast: 1 slice wholemeal toast and 3 tablespoons of reduced sugar baked beans.

Lunch: 50g Pasta (cooked weight), 70g Dolmio cook in pasta sauce, 1 hard boiled egg.

Snack: mini pepperami

Dinner: Sainsburies low fat fish in breadcrumbs, swede, green beans and home made tarter sauce.

Snack: 4 crab sticks and teaspoon of seafood sauce

Fluids over the day: tea, options hot chocs and nas squash.. came to 1700ml

xx

Try having a breakfast: ie cereal or beans on toast or egg on toast... or bacon and egg... as the slimfast is a fluid.. and at this stage you will feel hungry having that as it will just go straight through you.
And have one fruit snack and replace the other piece of fruit with a high prtein snack like.... a mini babybel light, cheese triangle, hard boled egg, mini pepperami, some nuts, prawns, crabsticks..
Aim for 3 meals a day and 2 or 3 snacks that way you wont feel hungry xx

Last edited:
Good question I've been meaning to post and ask this I had my op 15th Nov, I seem to eat chicken at every meal time just to get my protein

Breakfast - 1 slice of toast with peanut butter on if I cut crusts off I can eat full slice if left on I leave a little bit
or
2 boiled eggs
or
3 slices bacon with 2 tablespoons of baked beans

Dinner - 2oz chicken with either pasata or gravy so not too dry
or
a choc crunch slim fast bar if I'm out or fancy a change but can only eat 3/4 of a bar

snack - satsuma or grapes

Tea - 2oz chicken with 20g tagliateli and pasata sauce
or
2oz chicken with 20g rice and curry sauce and maybe 4 chips lol

snack - ice lolly and satsuma

I feel like I'm not eating enough and my daily calories are low since I'm eating chicken every day and its very low in calories......I need help and still never hit 60g of protein.

And I drink about 1 litre of NAS Squash each day x

todaybi had

banana, handful of nuts n raisins, ww tuna n sweetcorn sandwich in 2 sittings, 1 satsuma, 2tbs boiled rice with home made chicken curry 3 3 chunks if chicken so prob about 3tbs? 4 melts crackers and prob a baby bell as a snack later. had 4 cups coffee and a large glass of milk. not good I know but all I can manage!!
xx

well i phoned the dietician and asked if everything sounded ok, they said because of my age (i'm 27) i may have been given a slightly larger pouch but not to worry because my WL seems good, just hve to remember that i need to eat real food and not so much crap! i've been referred for an appointment with the dietician directly as i'm still not happy that i'm doing this right and as my first appointment isn't until june since surgery i need to get a handle on things sooner rather than later, on the plus side i did lose more than i have for weeks this week so its all good !

i think i dont eat enough - cant seem to stomach it had a good day yesterday, but today hardly anything - i think we are all so different that we have to go with what we are told by our team and by our pouch, mine doesnt like me today at all

i think it helps to sit down with the dietitian... write down a diary aswell to take of everything you eat and how much xx

thanks rayne i will, i'm going to take a printout from my fitness pal and let them see what i've been up to!

Back